Posted On: 2020-01-09
Closing On: 2020-01-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for a Digital Platform Specialist to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
NCC is the country’s leading private land conservation organization. As a non-profit, charitable organization we work in partnership with individuals, corporations, governments and other non-profit groups to protect our most important natural treasures. We take a collaborative and science-based approach to our mission. Since 1962 NCC and its partners have helped to conserve 14 million hectares (35 million acres), from coast to coast to coast. With National headquarters in Toronto and regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
The Marketing and Development department is seeking a high energy, initiative driven individual who is passionate about nature conservation and committed to connecting Canadians with NCC’s mission and work.
The Digital Platform Specialist reports to the Manager, Digital Fundraising and will support the transition of technology while maintaining its current digital platforms, which includes donation forms, event registration forms, 3rd party fundraising forms, e-commerce site, and data capture forms.
The Digital Platform Specialist has two major responsibilities:
- Lead implementation of new fundraising platform, Luminate Online, or reengagement of the existing platform, Engaging Networks.
- Be the primary point person for the maintenance of the platform and build forms that support NCC’s marketing and fundraising goals while ensuring streamlined solutions and professional user experience.
The incumbent will work closely with internal stakeholders, developers and partners, to manage digital innovation and transition of technology from the current system to a new system, or reengage the existing system. This includes ensuring that the needs of key internal stakeholders are met while ensuring that the solutions support greater configuration and more rigour. The Digital Platform Specialist will also create testing procedures, business rules, templates and processes, train users, and perform ongoing research and innovation to ensure the platform is able to support NCC’s digital fundraising and marketing growth.
As the internal expert of the digital platform, the Digital Platform Specialist will provide ongoing maintenance and support of the existing platforms — Engaging Networks, Shopify and Word Press — while managing new form requests, including management of the request workflow using NCC’s intranet, cross-functional coordination of form details, building forms using NCC’s CRM platform, testing forms to ensure data is flowing properly and gaining final approval. The incumbent will need to be process-oriented and understand how to create and improve upon processes involving the coordination of multiple projects, and priorities and troubleshooting.
- University degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years of digital platform experience
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Big-picture strategic thinker with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of User experience/User interface (UX/UI)
- Experience implementing new digital platforms and transitioning platforms
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud Luminate Online and Engaging Networks
- Bilingual French/English an asset
- Working comprehension of SEO/SEM
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Sharepoint
- Understand of Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL)
- Initiative-driven and self-motivated
- Great attention to detail
- Team player who is flexible and adaptive
- Ability to effectively manage time and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create new processes, identify process improvement opportunities and execute continuous process improvements on an ongoing basis
- Experience writing functional/technical requirements and working with developers and digital agencies to manage the execution of new technology enhancements and bug fixes
- User testing experience
How to Apply
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, cover letter and salary expectations indicating “Digital Platform Specialist” in the subject line to the Nature Conservancy of Canada via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a 12-month full-time contracted position, with an opportunity for extension.
The application deadline is Friday January 31, 2020.
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.