Posted On: 2020-01-10
Closing On: 2020-02-10
Location: Markham, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you have experience in building meaningful relationships that result in partnership and sponsorship opportunities? Do you consider yourself a “people person” and want to work with like-minded colleagues? ventureLAB is seeking a results-oriented, collaborative individual to join its team as Director of Sponsorships and Partnerships! The successful candidate is a confident, resourceful and self-initiating team player, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, where each individual contributor is expected to drive projects forward, while also working collaboratively to achieve shared goals.
Reporting to the Vice President, Partnerships, this role is responsible for the development and end-to-end delivery of a robust private sector, industry pipeline and revenue stream.
Working closely with the Vice President, Partnerships, the Director will contribute to setting the strategy and direction for the Partnerships department, and lead the implementation of strategies and plans that drive major revenue growth and secure industry partners, targeting hardware, software, health, and finance sectors.
The successful candidate will possess a strong fundraising and business development mentality, and have the capability to switch seamlessly between strategic thinking, proposal development, presentations, and tactical work. They will also be a strong communicator, strategic thinker, be able to demonstrate a high degree of drive, focus and purpose, and be able to convert strategic goals into multi-year, revenue-generating sponsorship opportunities and programs. The successful candidate requires a demonstrated ability to collaboratively build relationships, both internally and externally, manage complex projects and competing priorities, as well as track, report and optimize the performance of partnerships, sponsorships and partner programs.
The Director will be expected to manage work independently, with the ability to deliver agreed targets in a timely manner. The role will work both collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of contracted industry partner/sponsor engagements and programs.
- Identify, build and manage a pipeline of qualified sponsorship opportunities with potential private sector partners, closing and implementing industry partnerships and sponsorships.
- Develop and plan strategic multi-partner/sponsor programs and opportunities to ensure a strong pipeline of revenue-generating opportunities with the private sector.
- Leverage, foster, maintain, and build relationships with relevant private sector decision-makers, maintaining a strong partner-first mentality.
- Deliver value-added business development connections for clients via the creation of partnerships of purpose that are strategically aligned with our client portfolio.
- Establish and implement best practices for building, fostering and expanding focused strategic partnerships with sponsors seeking collaborative and measurable, strategically aligned opportunities.
- Develop an internal onboarding process for industry partners to ensure an exceptional partner experience.
- Monitor and analyze performance against goals, and ensure, by working collaboratively with internal teams, that the contractual obligations of our private sector partners/sponsors are delivered on-time and on-budget.
- On a day-to-day basis, track, resolve, and/or escalate key partnership issues, and manage internal and external expectations appropriately, ensuring the VP Partnerships is informed of all critical issues on a timely basis.
- With the support of the Program Coordinator, Partnerships, ensure that all partner data is accurately maintained on a timely basis in the ventureLAB CRM (Salesforce), and that relevant reports and partner dashboards are created to provide valuable management and industry partner insights, and measure impact.
- Behave as a role model and advocate for the ventureLAB culture and values.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, or a minimum of 5 – 7 years equivalent experience working in sponsorships, partnerships, fundraising or business development in a not-for-profit organization, ideally with a foundation, healthcare, or an Advancement Office in higher education.
- Established private sector contacts and experience in building results-driven technology and financial sector partnerships/sponsorships.
- Demonstrated experience closing industry partnership and sponsorship opportunities, and negotiating contracts and agreements, and a proven track record of meeting or exceeding revenue targets.
- Strong leadership skills, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from a strategic, financial and operational perspective.
- Results-oriented problem solver who can bring complex projects to fruition in a timely manner.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal, active listening, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated high level of internal and external customer service.
- Strong team player, who can also work independently, with an excellent track record of success in matrixed, fast-paced environments.
- Passion for the ventureLAB Mission, Vision, and Cultural Values.
Compensation: $80,000 - $85,000 per annum with comprehensive benefits and vacation package.
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com quoting “Director, Partnerships and Sponsorships – Job ID 201905” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the posting will remain open until filled.
ventureLAB is a not-for-profit leading technology hub located in Markham in York Region, Canada’s second-largest tech cluster. Through its programs focused on capital, talent, technology, and customers, ventureLAB has supported over 2,000 tech companies and entrepreneurs, including 100 companies that have raised over $100 million and created 3,500 jobs. ventureLAB’s innovation hub is a 50,000 square foot facility that is home to over 45 tech companies and partners that employ over 300 people. At ventureLAB, we grow globally competitive tech titans that build-to-scale in Canada.