Posted On: 2020-01-14
Closing On: 2020-02-14
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Heart & Stroke is a special type of organization. We’re a foundation, a place that values championing health and has a bias for action as we tackle heart disease, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery.
Who we need
Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy, the Leadership Giving Associate is responsible for the acquisition, stewardship, cultivation and retention of leadership level individual, foundation gifts and corporate sponsorship. Based in Toronto, this is an opportunity for someone who wants to provide strategic input to the Leadership Giving program and personally secure leadership level gifts while providing ongoing stewardship to build a strong foundation for future larger commitments.
Who you are
You are passionate about helping others and you want to play a role in advancing change within our health systems through acting as a relationship manager for supporters who give $2,500 plus annually. You want to play a lead role in building a robust pipeline of qualified prospects and a community of Leadership level donors and sponsors. You are organized, strategic, and consistently demonstrates the highest standards of professionalism, confidentiality, integrity, and sensitivity.
How you will make an impact every day. You will focus on:
- Donor Acquisition and Management
- Proactively research as well as work in conjunction with internal teams to identify and develop new relationships with potential leadership donors and sponsors to enhance the existing pipeline
- Implement account and moves management strategies to ensure portfolio of 300 donors/sponsors are cultivated toward their full giving potential
- Effectively utilize CRM in the tracking of cultivation moves of donors and prospects.
Solicitation and Stewardship
- Develop annual contact plans for top tier donors
- Collaborate closely with strategic writers to develop and deliver a minimum of 50 high quality proposals per year
- Ensure appropriate donor recognition, acknowledgement, and stewardship activities are implemented with the goal of repeat gifts, including delivering prompt and meaningful gift acknowledgment correspondence.
Annual Revenue Commitment
- Provide input into the development of the annual business plan and budget for the Ontario Development Team and monthly review of progress against plan
- Create and monitor personal business plan and budget and suggest modifications, when necessary, in order to meet revenue and metric based targets.
What you bring
- The education. You have a university degree or college diploma.
- The experience. You have 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising and/or sponsorship with a track record of independently closing multi-year leadership gifts and/or sponsorships. You also have a strong understanding of charity sector and not-for-profit organizations.
- The communication skills. You have excellent written, oral and presentations skills, with the ability to tailor information to the audience in a way that establishes rapport.
- The relationship building expertise. You can gain the trust of high-value sponsors and donors, deepening existing and growing new relationships.
- The ownership. You are self-motivated and proactive. You have the initiative and confidence to make first contact calls, promoting partnerships at every opportunity.
- The adaptability. You are comfortable working independently as part of a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You can manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.