Posted On: 2020-01-14
Closing On: 2020-02-14
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for a career where you can contribute your passion for fundraising and strong project management skills to an organization that is committed to faith, compassion, collaboration, accountability and boldness? The Anglican Diocese of Toronto is seeking a professional FaithWorks Campaign Manager with at least 5 years demonstrated performance in prospect identification and gift solicitation.
Reporting to the Director of Stewardship Development, the FaithWorks Campaign Manager is responsible for developing strong relationships with clergy and lay leaders in an effort to sustain and grow FaithWorks – the annual campaign of the Diocese of Toronto, and to assist in the cultivation of major gifts. The successful candidate for this position will be an independent self-starter with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines. This full-time, permanent position requires a strong communicator who can inspire a diverse audience using a variety of communication vehicles, and has excellent computer skills including experience with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Raiser’s Edge and Net Communities. The FaithWorks Campaign Manager will be able to work collaboratively with staff and exercise sound judgment in relations with volunteers, suppliers and the general public, and be willing to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends. Familiarity with the Anglican Church, its structures, norms, standards and values are also an asset, and all candidates must be willing to support the mission and work of the Anglican Church.
About the Anglican Diocese of Toronto
The Diocese of Toronto is the largest Anglican diocese in Canada by population and membership, and it stretches over 26,000 square kilometers of urban, rural and suburban communities. We proclaim and share the gospel of Jesus Christ, episcopally led by the Bishop of Toronto and four suffragan bishops, and synodically governed. The Anglican Diocese of Toronto has 207 congregations and is the most populous of the 30 dioceses in the Anglican Church of Canada. All that we do should enable us, as a Diocese, and as parishes and other ministries within the Diocese, to be missionally focused – increasing our capacity to respond as vibrant partners of God’s activity in the world. For more information on the Diocese of Toronto, its ministry and its strategic priorities, please refer to www.toronto.anglican.ca
- Grow and enhance the annual fund development plan for FaithWorks including the incorporation of a digital giving and marketing strategies.
- Oversee the annual creation, production, and distribution of fundraising materials in print and digital formats.
- Provide oversight of the FaithWorks web-presence including the update of campaign progress, donor recognition and reporting of ministry partner activities and achievements.
- Conduct prospect research of foundations, individuals and corporations for FaithWorks Corporate to increase revenue.
- Coordinate the implementation of a donor relations and donor recognition program.
- Provide leadership support for the annual FaithWorks campaign, including direct-mail and major gifts solicitation.
- Provides staff support to the FaithWorks Allocations Committee and strategic oversight of the allocation process.
- Works closely with the Donor Relations and Information Management Assistant to ensure standards of record keeping and timely production of tax receipts.
- Monitor and administer the annual FaithWorks budget.
- Attend stewardship development events and meetings; prepare reports, agendas, notices and minutes for the FaithWorks Allocations Committee. This includes presenting workshops to groups of various sizes.
- Represent Stewardship Development internally and externally at the request of the Director.
- Assist the Director in development of initiatives and new processes to meet the changing needs and objectives of the Diocese.
Skills and Qualifications:
We are seeking a candidate with at least 5 years demonstrated performance in prospect identification and gift solicitation.
- You have a university degree in a relevant field.
- You are a trusted advisor who can influence stakeholders. You can effectively promote opportunities and partnerships through excellent public speaking, presentations and face-to-face networking. You can speak and write fluently with Christian vocabulary from a faith-based perspective.
- You can foster a culture of collaboration and learning aligned with the Diocesan values.
- You can interpret reports, manage financial information, extract data and apply information for forecasting. You can design and implement processes; manage a demanding schedule and prioritize efforts to achieve high value.
- You are highly proficient with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, Net Communities and other fundraising platforms would be an asset.
- You can lead, participate and support evening and weekend community events. You have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate their:
- Accountability, innovation, adaptability, flexibility, and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to work with various individuals, groups, and situations, and to build relationships.
- Ability to adapt approaches to accommodate change, new programs, and emerging problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Culturally sensitivity and ability to handle a diversity of opinion and cultural expectations.
- Ability to think proactively, critically, and independently to make good decisions.
- Knowledge of or willingness to become familiar with the Anglican Church of Canada and its structures, functions and values.
Under the Responsible Ministry: Screening in Faith policy, this position is a high-risk ministry position. As such it is a requirement of this position to complete a satisfactory criminal record check, obtained through the Diocesan approved process, to attend Sexual Misconduct Policy workshops as outlined in the policy, and for the Diocese of Toronto to verify that the successful applicant is suitable for high-risk ministry. The successful candidate must be legally able to work in Canada prior to starting the position.
The FaithWorks Campaign Manager is appointed by and responsible to the Director of Stewardship Development of the Diocese and will be eligible to participate in the pension and benefit plans of the Diocese. Please include salary expectations in your application. If you would like to apply for this position, forward your application to:
Anglican Diocese of Toronto
135 Adelaide St. E., Toronto, Ontario M5C 1L8
The Anglican Diocese of Toronto embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. The Diocese has an Accommodation Policy and accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Diocese. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. The Anglican Diocese of Toronto is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Visit our web site at: www.toronto.anglican.ca