The nature of the Canadian charitable sector has changed – irreversibly. New ideas, new models, new technologies, new generations and new Canadians present new opportunities and challenges for Canadian charities. Where do we go from here? At KCI, that’s our favourite question.
We are Canada’s leading consultants to the non-profit sector with professionals across the country in fundraising, strategy, research & analytics, and executive search.
Our core purpose is to inspire and enable organizations to raise money, to make the dream of better communities and improved lives a reality. And through our 36 years of experience, we’ve helped thousands of organizations craft their strategies, build their teams and raise billions of dollars. We serve our clients through a wide variety of services including: Fundraising Counsel & Campaigns; Assessments & Strategy Development; Research & Analytics; Communications & Case Development; and Executive Search & Talent Services.
In doing that work, we firmly place our focus on values and people…both ours and our clients’. We are proudly and resolutely guided by our core values: the highest integrity in all our actions; commitment to excellence and innovation in everything we undertake; openness to new ideas; and collaborative and respectful relationships with our colleagues and our clients. We hire to these values and live them every day.
At KCI, our people are our most valuable resource. We hire the best and brightest, provide them with ongoing training and support, and give them the opportunity to work with a range of clients in different regions and charitable sectors across the country. We strive to foster a collaborative culture of professional and personal growth, and to recognize, value, and develop the individual skills and contributions of each of our team members. And because we know the future won’t look like the past, we hold capacity building, knowledge sharing and insight creation at our core. We have made it our business to know What’s Next.
For more information about KCI, please visit: https://kciphilanthropy.com/
Our KCI team members bring a wide range of skills and experience to client assignments across our broad range of services. At this time, we are seeking an Associate Consultant with strong project management and client relationship management skills to join our Strategy and Assessments service area.
Strategy and Assessment work typically involves the development of fundraising plans, feasibility studies and other strategic plans for charitable organizations across Canada. Consulting activity with clients includes organizational assessment, documentation analysis, consultation with stakeholders and development and presentation of reports in support of recommended strategy.
The Associate Consultant will manage assigned projects from inception to completion, ensuring that associated project tasks move through the various stages in a timely and effective manner. They will be responsible for managing project timeline development and coordination of KCI and client resources to ensure that all team members are equipped to meet project milestones and deadlines. The will provide administrative support associated with report development and occasional support to the consulting general practice. Working collaboratively with all project stakeholders, the Associate Consultant will ensure positive communication and coordination between KCI team members and clients and participate in client-facing meetings as required.
As an Associate Consultant, you will build a strong focus and foundation in project management and client relationship management, and gain exposure to the Canadian non-profit and management consulting sectors.
Working in partnership with the Strategy and Assessments Senior Consultants, KCI’s Senior Leadership Team as well as other KCI colleagues as appropriate, the Associate Consultant will be responsible for:
Project Management (50%)
- Define, schedule and accurately estimate task duration to develop and maintain a realistic project schedule. Create timelines and tools associated with the project.
- Actively monitor and manage all aspects of project implementation. Identify timeline-related and other issues as they arise and suggest course of action for addressing or mitigating risks.
- Customize templates and tools for client input and coordinate and monitor documentation collection from client.
- Liaise with other members of the KCI team to schedule resources and with clients to answer project management-related questions and address concerns.
Development and Reporting of Project Results (25%)
- Assist Senior Consultant with review of client documentation, consultation findings and financial results; synthesize relevant summary/findings for review by Senior Consultant.
- Prepare for and participate in analysis and ideation session(s) with KCI internal team and in client working sessions, as required. Record outcomes, coordinate follow-up as needed.
Administrative Support (25%)
- Perform administrative support associated with maintaining contact with clients and scheduling KCI project resources.
- Review reports and client presentations to ensure quality (proofing) and brand consistency.
- Assist with developing proposals for submission to prospective clients.
- Provide general support as required to the administration of KCI’s consulting practice.
To be successful in this role, the Associate Consultant must demonstrate:
- A collaborative mindset and approach with the ability to work well both independently and in a team.
- An exceptional work ethic coupled with an internal drive to succeed and improve.
- Demonstrated relevant experience, ideally including participation in or oversight of end-to-end delivery of client-facing projects.
- Experience with project management methodologies, tools, and software.
- Strong computer software skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and ongoing tasks successfully.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and prioritize work in a timely manner and to identify and provide creative solutions for issues or concerns, scope drift.
- Strong written communication, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent proof-reading, grammar, and spelling skills.
- Strategic mindset and approach, and the ability to quickly and effectively synthesize information, draw parallels and conclusions, and suggest potential solutions.
- Maturity, confidence, and a high degree of emotional and social intelligence.
- Openness and flexibility in thinking, attitude, and style; willingness to share and consult with colleagues.
- Enthusiasm, lots of positive energy, and a can-do attitude.
- A passion for and commitment to the not-for-profit sector and the positive impact that client organizations effect on society, as evidenced through professional experience and/or volunteer work within the sector.
- Project management training, courses or education will be considered a strong asset.
- Bilingualism in English and French considered an asset.
This position will be based in our Toronto Head Office, with the ability to work remotely and/or from a home office location as appropriate.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
We believe that people are catalysts and that organizations can only achieve their full potential with the right people on their team. This is true both for our clients and for KCI.
KCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment. Candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply and requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
The salary range for this position is in the range of $45,000 - $60,000 per annum, plus a comprehensive vacation and benefits package including: 3 weeks’ vacation plus a winter break in December; group benefits plan; health & wellness program; donations matching program; and group RRSP for longer-term staff.
To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest, to the email address listed below by February 21, 2020.
Senior Consultant, Search + Talent
Please note that we will be reviewing candidates on an ongoing basis, early submission is appreciated.