With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $182 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a passionate and relationship driven Community Giving Officer.
Reporting to the Manager, Community Giving, the Officer will help drive revenue generation for the community engagement strategy for the $250 million Ultimate campaign and beyond. The Officer is responsible for developing mutually rewarding relationships by securing gifts and partnerships in the $1,000 to $100,000 range by actively managing a diverse portfolio of prospective donors in all stages of the development cycle. Joining a growing team, the Officer will contribute to and support targeted engagement strategies with diverse groups of citizens, community groups, schools, small/medium size businesses as well as service clubs and foundations to advance the Community Giving Pipeline and ultimately deliver an extraordinary donor-centric experience.
Working closely with volunteers and the Campaign and Foundation team and equipped with extensive fundraising tools, the Officer will develop and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship solication strategies that will provide prospective donors with meaningful opportunities to impact the cause at Mackenzie Health.
The Community Giving Officer will possess a passion for philanthropy, excellent relationship building skills and a proven track record of closing mid-level through to major gifts independently and with the support of volunteers. Heightened community visibility, cumulated with the Foundation’s leading data analytics and experience motivating volunteers to fulfill their roles as ambassadors/mobilizers will spur success for the incumbent.
- Develops and maintains relationships with individuals, foundations, corporations, employee groups and service clubs in all stages of the development cycle to secure gifts in the range of $1,000 to $100,000.
- Works independently and/or with select community volunteers/mobilizers to develop and execute cultivation and solicitation strategies to close intermediate to major gifts. Present Mackenzie Health to a wide variety of donor prospects that reflect the diverse community the hospital serves.
- Contributes to the growth of the community giving pipeline by actively identifying qualified prospects.
- Maintains community donor/prospects records, actions and notes in Raiser’s Edge so that timely and appropriate “moves” are being implemented to grow or maintain ongoing relationships with prospects and current/lapsed donors.
- Develops key institutional and philanthropic-related messages through the direction and preparation of major proposals, solicitation letters, acknowledgement letters, donor presentations and other materials for donors and prospective donors.
- In conjunction with the Stewardship and Donor Relations team, plans and executes stewardship and recognition plans for community donors. Specifically, ensures that appropriate recognition (tax receipts, invitations, and other correspondence) are sent and presented in a timely manner.
- University/College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of front-line fundraising experience, preferably in mid-level to major giving, peer-peer fundraising, community events and volunteer/community engagement.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience with a demonstrated experience in closing gifts in the $1,000-$100,000 range or key accounts management front – facing with donors or clients. Brings experience leading own relationship development for MHF’s targeted donor audiences.
- Strong and authentic relationship management skills with an ability to work with a high degree of initiative, self-motivation and integrity.
- Excellent communication, public speaking, and networking skills; adept at cold-calling.
- Experience working effectively with fundraising volunteers, committees/boards and diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated professionalism and tact combined with excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively across all stakeholder groups.
- Excellent written skills with a demonstrated ability to write persuasively and present to diverse groups compelling funding opportunities.
- First-rate time management skills with an ability to manage priorities and meet deliverables.
- Familiarity working with data analytics and reports.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent).
- Able to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Acts as an ambassador. Identifies and attends community networking events and activities to build new relationships with key stakeholder groups.
- Positively represents Mackenzie Health Foundation in the community.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Has a valid driver’s license and has access to a vehicle.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
Interested applicants please apply online.