Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking an experienced marketing communications professional to join the Communications and Community Engagement team as Manager, Strategic Communications.
About Women’s College Hospital Foundation
We are revolutionizing healthcare. Side by side with our donors, community members, staff and medical teams, Women’s College Hospital Foundation (WCHF) raises, manages and invests funds to support Women’s College Hospital in its mission to revolutionize healthcare to ensure a more equitable and sustainable system. WCHF donors contribute generously to help fund equipment, research, and innovative clinical programs that address the unique needs of women and their families while working to close critical health gaps within the system.
A values-driven organization, respect, caring, integrity and partnership are core to who we are and we believe that authenticity and accountability strengthens all that we do. Fuelled by our Triple Aim of Philanthropy, Partnerships and People, our vision is to be the charity of choice for advancing health for women in Canada and health system solutions for all.
Learn more about WCHF, visit: www.wchf.ca / @wchf
About Women’s College Hospital
Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is Canada’s leading independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital with a primary focus on the health of women. Founded in 1883 by Dr. Emily Stowe – a suffragist and the first Canadian woman licensed to practice medicine in Canada – our Hospital has earned its distinguished reputation through hard work, commitment, and a pioneering spirit of innovation.
Today, our ongoing achievements and our dedication to improving healthcare are building on that admirable legacy of leading-edge care and unparalleled caring. WCH opened the Hospital of the Future – a new, $555 million, state-of-the-art fully ambulatory facility – in fall 2015.
The opening of our new facility amplified our position as one of the most ground-breaking institutions in the world focused on advancing the health of women and pioneering health system solutions that benefit all people.
WCH is home to one of the only hospital-based research institutes in the world focused on the health of women, and we are fully affiliated with the University of Toronto as one of Canada’s leading teaching hospitals.
Learn more about WCH, visit: www.womenscollegehospital.ca / @WCHospital
Reporting to the Vice President, Chief Community Officer, you are a key member of the Communications and Community Engagement team and our principal storyteller. This role requires the nimbleness to project manage many different projects at once; be responsible for the professional growth and development of the Marketing Communications Specialist and Marketing Officer; the ability to write and communicate effectively and inspiringly across many communications mediums; build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders; have the creativity and strategic capability to advance the overall performance of the Foundation.
- Lead writer/story teller – responsible for sourcing and writing patient stories
- Successful management and professional development of Marketing Communications Specialist and Marketing Officer
- Assist with influencer strategy/community engagement to broaden reach, amplify voice in community by setting up speaking engagements, working with Marketing Communications Specialist
- Annual report writing in collaboration with full team
- Successful delivery of Ambassador Program
- Support writing and communications needs across the Foundation, including major gifts, annual program, stewardship and events.
Key Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Proposal writing ($1M+)
- Editor for stewardship reports $1M+
- Editor for Women’s Now stewardship newsletter
- Lead copywriter for advertising, advertorials
- Lead case writer
- Working with Marketing Specialist, responsible for sourcing and writing patient stories
- Oversee and edit Content Hubs for fundraisers (a collection of communication tools for fundraisers organized by funding priority)
- CEO correspondence and speaking notes
- Strategic consultation and editor for the Foundation’s direct mail program
- Project management of marketing and communications needs for Foundation events
- Development of physician presentations for Foundation events when required
- Developing presentations to be used at speaking engagements for all members of the senior leadership team
- Oversee video production
- Media relations support with Vice President, Chief Community Officer
- Be a high performing team player by embracing and consistently enacting organizational values of respect, caring, integrity and partnership, supported by being authentic and accountable to yourself and your team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of five to seven years related experience, ideally in a fundraising or marketing/agency environment
- Excellent project management experience and skills
- Minimum university undergraduate degree
- Fully competent in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Familiarity with Blackbaud’s Raiser's Edge
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Exceptional communication skills; experience writing for marketing and non-profit purposes;
- Proven knowledge of general marketing and public relations techniques and practices;
- Creativity and imagination;
- An ability to multi-task with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and to work well under tight timelines or changes in priorities;
- Highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, on occasion; and
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers and external stakeholders in a collegial environment.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations, by Friday February 14, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further considerations. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged.
To submit your application, please CLICK HERE, and click on the “I am Interested” button at the bottom of the page.