Posted On: 2020-01-30
Closing On: 2020-02-14
Employment Type: Contract
Reporting to the Director, Major Gifts, the Manager, Major Gifts Proposal Development is responsible for the development and solicitation of Major Donor proposals, supporting departmental goals and OCAD University’s (OCAD U) overall fundraising initiatives.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Director, Major Gifts in the development and implementation of solicitations for a vetted portfolio of approximately 100 Major Donors and prospects
- Role focuses submissions of Major Gift Proposals at the $25,000+ giving levels
- Conduct all aspects of supporting donor gift cycle including qualification, research, cultivation, proposal development/writing, successful submission and follow-through of submitted proposals
- Meet revenue goals through successful proposal outputs
- Collaborate with OCAD U faculty projects and programs to identify giving opportunities that best align donor’s and prospect’s needs
- Prepare and present customized written materials, proposals and correspondence
- Employ transparency, accurate documentation and portfolio management through timely updates on donor activities, including ongoing check-ins, scheduling asks and follow-throughs, maintenance of tracking system and updates in Raiser’s Edge
- Where required, support logistics for small-scale events held by Major Gifts department including high-end private dinners, socials and cocktail parties
- Support the Director, Major Gifts in other related duties, as required, that contribute to the successful operation of the overall fundraising goals
- Undergraduate degree in a related field, though graduate degree preferable
- Minimum of three (3) years of Major Gifts proposal writing experience in a higher education or related fundraising environment, or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Preference will be given to candidates with proposal development and proposal writing experience
- Experience working and building relationships with both internal and external key stakeholders
- Knowledge of philanthropic community and familiarity of cultural environment desirable
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to take initiative
- A team player with strong work ethics and professional integrity an asset
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to maintain open and transparent communication to ensure optimal workflow and deliverables
- Excellent written communications skills
- Experience in supporting logistics for small-scale high-end events
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and participate collaboratively with Director and Major Gift Manager
- Experience with Raisers Edge database program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel), and advanced skills in PowerPoint
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity and equity, and experience promoting a respectful work and learning environment for students, staff and faculty
- Experience in and a passion for the arts, including the ability to articulate the many benefits of the arts to society and communities an asset
- Weekend and evening work may be required
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, for a total of 35 hours per week. This is a temporary contract position expected to conclude on September 4, 2020 with the possibility of extension.
Application Deadline: Interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume, with a cover letter by applying through the OCAD U Employment Opportunities page, no later than Friday, February 14, 2020.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
We encourage members of designated equity-seeking groups to self-identify within the voluntary Applicant Questionnaire.
OCAD U is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources for more information or refer to OCAD U’s Policy of Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.