Deadline: February 21, 2020
Are you an influential communicator? Someone who enjoys building relationships with donors? Do you want to work for an amazing cause at a successful national charity? Are you looking for an exciting role with the ability to make a difference in people’s lives?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Cystic Fibrosis Canada (CF Canada) is a national charitable not-for-profit corporation established in 1960, and is one of the world’s top three charitable organizations committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF). As an internationally recognized leader in funding innovation and clinical care, we invest more in life-saving CF research and care than any other non-governmental agency in Canada.
The Development Officer, National Stewardship & Communications Specialist will work within the Development team to provide stewardship, communication and administrative support to the major, mid-level, foundation and planned giving revenue streams within our fundraising plans. The role is designed to give the team the resources and capacity to considerably grow the revenue from this area by implementing consistent best in practice stewardship policies, communications and recognition. Working closely with the Director, Major Gifts, the Development Officer, National Stewardship and Communications Specialist will execute the strategic stewardship program for the organization as well as collaborate with other Fund Development colleagues to produce stories, articles, email copy, social media content, gift proposals, cases for support, concept papers, stewardship materials, and other written communications for a wide array of donor audiences. This role will report to the Director, Major Gifts, and will work out of National Office at 2323 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON.
- Monitor, track, and reconcile stewardship activity including acknowledgment letters and donor communications, maintaining current and complete records in Raisers Edge.
- Produce and maintain metrics reports on acknowledgments and other stewardship output.
- Help develop strategic and tactical plans for a national donor stewardship and recognition program.
- Ensure the donor journey and experience is well defined process, tracked accordingly and ultimately deepens the relationship with donor through series of stewardship tactics.
- Identify and implement appropriate donor cultivation, acknowledgement and stewardship for the mid-level, major donor and planned giving segments.
- Work closely with Direct Mail Giving and Major Gifts to move donors up and assist in the cultivation of potential major donors and planned giving prospects.
- Help to establish donor recognition standards for the organization and monitor compliance with the standards.
- Help develop, analyze, and maintain innovative ways to ensure that the stewardship module of the donor database is updated and maintained accurately with both donor and beneficiary information.
- Assist in the timely creation and delivery of stewardship proposals and reporting for funders (major, mid-level, planned giving and foundation donors).
- Write foundation grant proposals and reports, and donation and grant acknowledgement letters with support and direction from senior leadership team.
- Actively engage in all aspects of the writing process with close attention to detail—including research, writing, and editing.
- Assist with other fundraising projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in fundraising, the most recent in Major Gifts fundraising or relevant experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of donors relations and stewardship on key accounts including: individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Displays an exceptional level of professionalism, knowledge, productivity, and high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and set priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Strong computer skills with a background in donor/prospect databases (experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Strong team player with proven collaboration skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with individuals across the organization and demonstrates tact.
- Able to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours.
- Positively represents CF Canada in the community.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with values of CF Canada.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “Development Officer, National Stewardship & Communications Specialist” in your subject line, and include your salary expectations.
*Note: All job postings will be open a minimum 5 business days from the date of posting.
While, we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
For additional information on our values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring & Teamwork), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.