Posted On: 2020-01-31
Closing On: 2020-03-01
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation, through its philanthropic activities, assists St. Michael’s Hospital in attracting the resources required to fulfill and enhance its mission of caring, research and education as inspired and fostered by the Sisters of St. Joseph. Our physicians, surgeons, scientists and staff are relentless in taking on some of the world’s most intractable health challenges. At St. Michael’s, our health care teams have a unique attitude. They never say no. They never give up.
Working in partnership with fundraisers, volunteers and various levels of Hospital stakeholders, the Specialist will incorporate a strategic, analytical and proactive approach to building a Prospect Development and Strategic Information program that assists in the identification and management of major gift prospects, assists in the development of cultivation and solicitation strategies and ensures a strong base of future giving support for the Hospital.
The Specialist will be an in-house analytics resource identifying ways to segment large groups of donors and prospects while also conducting industry and economic research to inform the fundraising and business strategy of the Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and evolve a highly strategic information services unit including standard research products, procedures and guidelines.
- Identify the relationships among potential individuals and organizations that will support the Hospital, and compile detailed information (profiles, wealth estimates, analysis etc.) to assist in the planning of fundraising approaches.
- Identify, collect, evaluate, analyze, organize, package and disseminate publicly available information on individual, corporate and foundation prospects in a way that maximizes its usefulness; and enables accurate and educated decision-making.
- Eighty percent of research is conducted for the major gifts team and 20% is conducted for other members of the development team.
- Support the Foundation’s strategic planning by assisting in gathering demographic data and information about trends in Health Care and Philanthropy.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Raiser’s Edge database in relation to strategic information services.
- Ensure information capture and management protocols are relevant and in accordance with legal privacy requirements and ethical standards.
- Use a variety of effective techniques to identify and qualify major donor prospects.
- Develop and implement accurate, accountable and timely reporting for all Prospect Development and Research activities.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Hospital and the Foundation.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of SMH and SMHF.
- Abide by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and work in a manner that is safe, reporting incidents immediately to direct supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation.
- Operate within the culture and core values of the organization.
- Minimum of an undergraduate University degree.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in prospect research.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing electronic screening, performing proactive/reactive research and in managing the relationship management process for a fundraising organization.
- Experience in providing analysis and prospect strategies in partnership with fundraisers and volunteers.
- Experience with the implementation and management of data analytics techniques related to pipeline development.
- Demonstrated ability to design relevant reporting mechanisms for prospect and pipeline management.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- A collaborative and service oriented attitude, comfortable working with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Superior computer skills. Raiser’s Edge database experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of St. Michael’s Hospital.
Interested candidates please apply online.