Reporting to the National Strategic Director and the Canadian Executive Director, The Director of Development is accountable for seeking out and developing relationships within our community and beyond. Through these relationships your experience with events, initiatives and committees that help drive revenue growth for Chai Toronto. Furthermore, alongside the National Strategic Director, he/she is accountable for the creation and implementation of Toronto’s Development Plan and ensuring the achievement of annual fundraising goals.
With a primary focus on new donor engagement and expanding the organization’s donor base, the Director will work closely with the National Strategic Director and ED to broaden our funding base.
- Lead all fundraising, public/community relations, and alumni activities related to the advancement strategy.
- Lead, manage and actively engage in stewardship of partners, sponsors and donors creating positive and enduring relationships.
- Build and oversee solid prospect management to identify new opportunities for funding and partnerships.
- Make use of personal network as well as connect with new donors to identify new opportunities for charitable funding and partnerships.
- In collaboration with the National Strategic Director, manage and oversee all cultivation/solicitation and donor/sponsor/ partner relations' strategies and activities.
- Build community relations and serve as a community liaison when necessary.
- Foster the growth of best practices in gift processing, data management and donor communications, following CRA guidelines for gift acceptance, accounting, acknowledgment and donor management
- Lead Chai Lifeline Toronto’s young professional council.
For more information please see the attached brief.
Interested applicants please send your resume and cover letter to Adina Singer: email@example.com