Posted On: 2020-02-10
Closing On: 2020-03-10
Location: Newmarket, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
POSTING DATE: February 10, 2020
TITLE: Manager of Fund Development
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Community Living Central York (CLCY) is a long-standing grassroots organization providing supports and services in the central area of York Region. We value inclusion and commitment from all employees in realizing our vision of a community where everyone belongs. Following the success of a $5 million-dollar capital fundraising campaign, CLCY is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and experienced individual to build on our success.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager of Fund Development will lead the development and execution of a corporate giving strategy ensuring a diversity of fundraising sources, developing partnerships and ensuring all donors are celebrated for their contribution.
- Create an annual fundraising and community development plan consistent with the Vision, Mission and Strategic Plan of Community Living Central York, and in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Create and implement a long range cultivation and solicitation program that will build interest and invite investment in Community Living Central York
- Create and implement an endowment fund
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the association
- Develop and maintain a stewardship program for individual donors, foundations, corporate relations and planned giving
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database
- Files and tracks key dates for renewals and engagement
- Recruit and maintain lasting relationships with volunteers
- Oversee special events to ensure appropriate planning, resources, and volunteer supports are in place
- Seek out grant opportunities, prepare and submit applications, and provide accurate follow-up reporting to the funder or foundation
- Assure all policies, procedures and area activities are within Revenue Canada’s guidelines
- Work with the finance department to ensure that receipting processes are accurate and timely
- Accountable to the Executive Director for all activities within the portfolio
- Work closely with the Community Development Committee in the development of plans and activities
- Develop a close working relationship with Community Living Central York employees, the people who use it’s services, and their families, as well as the philanthropic community, individual and corporate donors, board members and volunteers
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the local media for the purpose of promoting the Mission and Vision of CLCY, maintaining a strong working relationship with businesses, corporations and the Chambers of Commerce in our catchment area
- Work as appropriate with provincial and federal association members
- Demonstrated track record of fund development in the not-for-profit sector
- Commitment to the vision of inclusion for people who have an intellectual disability
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Excellent time management, organization and planning skills
- Proficiency in conducting presentations in a variety of settings
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Excellent computer skills
- Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Post secondary education
- Certified Fundraising Executive Certificate is an asset
- Knowledge of the Canadian Centre for Philanthropy’s Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code
Interested applicants should submit a resume and covering letter to:
Tara Watt, Director of Human Resources
E-Mail: email@example.com Please indicate job title in subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or Agencies please.
Community Living Central York is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.