Posted On: 2020-02-10
Closing On: 2020-02-19
Location: 55 Eglinton Avenue East, Toronto
Employment Type: Full-Time
About us: Located on beautiful Sparrow Lake in the Muskoka region of Ontario, Camp Winston is a unique retreat for children with complex neurobiological disorders who need highly specialized support. At Camp Winston, children have the opportunity to escape their ordinary and often challenging daily lives, connect with others in a way they’ve never experienced, and build life-long skills with the help and support of the dedicated and passionate Camp Winston staff. In most cases, for the first time in their lives, Camp Winston campers feel welcomed, connected, and secure enough to participate without fear of rejection or alienation. Camp Winston’s primary goal is to set these special children up for success.
About the Position- The Development Manager will play an important role in the sustainability and growth of Camp Winston. The Development Manager will be responsible for fundraising, events, grant management and supporting a capital campaign. The Development Manager will manage all aspects of the Foundation including grant writing, event coordination; planning, stewardship, cultivation and solicitation of major gift donors, internal and external engagement, and implementing fundraising strategies. Working collaboratively with the General Manager and the fundraising committee, the Development Manager will prepare an annual plan with measurable objectives that align with the organization’s goals and vision.
- Generates revenue to support camp’s annual operations.
- Supports the CAMPaign Cabinet and consultants with the capital campaign to raise funds for the camp’s long-term sustainability and growth plans.
- Monitors revenue streams and fundraising activities to ensure alignment with the overall strategic plan.
- Plans, develops, manages and evaluates all aspects of fund development from major gifts and sponsorships to third party events and bequests.
- Manages corporate, foundation and individual major gift prospects, as well as sponsorship prospects, from identification through to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts at the five and six-figure level, and personally maintains a portfolio of prospects and donors.
- Develops and coordinates fundraising events overseeing sponsorship and logistics.
- Research, write and personally oversee grant and funding opportunities.
- Oversees and meticulously maintains comprehensive donor records utilizing Salesforce.
- Works closely with the Fundraising Committee of the Board.
Communications & Marketing-
- Collaborates with Fundraising Consultant, General Manager and Communications Specialist on communications strategy.
- Represents the organization at community events and public speaking engagements.
- Oversees the creation and sharing of accurate publications, newsletters, donor impact reports and annual reports for the organization.
- Develops, fosters and maintains positive networking relationships with key stakeholders, and liaises with local media to continually promote the organization.
- Oversees digital and social media strategy to ensure content is on-brand, engaging and current.
Leadership & Relationships-
- Works collaboratively with the Fundraising Committee and Campaign Cabinet to ensure progress and goals are met. Participates in additional committees as required.
- Ensures all fundraising activities and programs fall within ethical, fiscal and legal standards, within the AFP Code of Conduct, and within Camp Winston’s policies.
- Presents quarterly updates to the Board of Directors outlining priorities, workflow, opportunities and providing an overview of past quarter results and performance.
- Motivates and educates Board members and volunteers to effectively represent and actively act as ambassadors of the Foundation.
- Prepares proposals and briefing notes for Board members and others who may participate in meetings to seek donor support.
- Remains apprised of emerging charitable sector trends and legislation and ensures organizational compliance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications-
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive fundraising experience in senior leadership positions (volunteer or salaried); capital campaign experience considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, securing and stewarding major gifts, sponsorships and grant opportunities.
- A sincere alignment of the Camp’s purpose with personal values.
- An engaging and dynamic leader, with strong collaboration values.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and be self-motivated in a complex, and at times, demanding work environment.
- Extremely effective interpersonal and relationship skills coupled with professionalism and poise.
- Dynamic communicator with the ability to create compelling communication materials as a vehicle for revenue generation.
- Computer proficiency with experience using Salesforce, online databases and other sources to locate financial and philanthropic opportunities.
- Demonstrated integrity and a commitment to the AFP code of ethical principles. Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) and/or Association of Fundraising Professional (AFP) an asset.
Schedule- Working from the Camp Winston office, the position offers flex hours taking consideration for the need to attend evening meetings and weekend events as needed. Based on a 40-hour workweek, the position requires occasional travel to meet with donors and to visit the camp located in Kilworthy, Ontario. The candidate must have unlimited access to their own reliable vehicle and a valid Driver’s License. The candidate must provide a current Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector screening.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $80,000 (based on qualifications and experience) + Health Benefits
Applications - Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Development Manager” in the subject line of your email. While we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.
You can also view this posting on our website: https://campwinston.com/now-hiring-development-manager