Headwaters Health Care Centre is a best kept secret! It is an innovative medium-size hospital located in Orangeville, serving the residents in the Greater Dufferin-Caledon area and a major employer in the region. Headwaters is proud to have a team of over 700 staff, 160 physicians, and more than 300 volunteers. The hospital is accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada. Headwaters provides a full range of general hospital services including: 24/7 emergency; diagnostics; obstetrics; palliative care; medicine, surgery and ambulatory care including chemotherapy and dialysis. Headwaters works in partnership with health service providers to deliver specialty services such as cardiac, and cancer care. In 2018, the hospital completed an 8,000 square-foot expansion and renovation of its Ambulatory Care Centre and expanded their surgical services program.
Headwaters Health Care Foundation has historically raised over $2.5M annually in support of our Hospital, but 2019/20 saw us expand and grow in terms of programming and staff, with a major campaign in mind.
Reporting to the Foundation CEO, the Office Coordinator, Board of Directors & CEO Support is primarily responsible for working with members of the Board, and Board Sub-Committees, the CEO and the Foundation Staff Team. This role is integral to the efficient, collaborative and seamless operating of the Foundation.
If you are an outgoing, have impeccable attention to detail as well as strong time management skills and are eager to learn new things, have an interest in numbers and are anxious to help support excellent health care in a growing community, we want you.
- Front desk representation by phone, mail and email communication, answering inquiries and providing assistance as needed, or forwarding the requests to the appropriate staff or volunteer.
- Greet all visitors to the Foundation Office in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- Provide day-to-day efficient administrative and clerical support to Foundation staff and volunteers.
- Manage inventory of office supplies and stationary.
- Oversee office equipment maintenance.
- Prepare bank deposits, operating cheques, reconcile invoices, VISAS and month end operating statements.
- Assist in the daily processing of donations, thank you letters, event registrations and the general maintenance of the Raiser’s Edge database. Provide additional support at busy times for gift inputting, receipting, etc.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities behind the in-Honour/Memorial Program and Baby Fish Program.
- Board and Sub-Committee meeting preparation and timely follow-up including notification, minutes, pre-meeting materials, food services, room booking etc.
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of Raiser’s Edge as it relates to the activities of the CEO and leadership volunteers.
- Provide support for Foundation special events and programs, which may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Seek to continuously improve the operation of the Foundation Office by understanding and examining processes and workflow. Participating in other quality improvement activities as directed by the CEO.
- Other duties as assigned.
All employees of Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by HHCC.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program. ie: Secretarial, Administrative, Event Planning.
- Two to three years related work experience. Fundraising experience considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills particularly with the Microsoft Office suite of products. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative as required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work well under tight timelines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times is essential.
- Sense of humour.
Please Submit your Resume and Cover Letter by 4pm on Friday, February 28, 2020.
Subject Line: Foundation Office Coordinator
Please include salary expectations.
Please send to:
Dora Boylen-Pabst, CEO
Headwaters Health Care Foundation
100 Rolling Hills Drive, Orangeville, ON. L9W 4X9