Posted On: 2020-02-14
Closing On: 2020-03-06
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is Canada's largest mental health teaching hospital and one of the world's leading research centres in its field. With a dedicated staff of more than 3,000 physicians, clinicians, researchers, educators and support staff, CAMH offers outstanding clinical care to more than 34,000 patients each year. The organization conducts ground-breaking research, provides expert training to health care professionals and scientists, develops innovative health promotion and prevention strategies, and advocates on public policy issues at all levels of government.
CAMH Foundation is charged with raising and stewarding funds in support of CAMH. Its role is to help transform the way we understand and address mental illness by raising awareness and increasing engagement across the country. Generous and dedicated supporters help CAMH advance discovery and innovation, build spaces that promote recovery, and break down the stigma of mental illness.
The Corporate & Community Partnerships team plays a critical role within the Foundation. It helps advance CAMH’s vision for the future of mental health research and care by deepening support from corporate and community partners through philanthropy, sponsorship, cause marketing, and fundraising events, including community and workplace fundraisers.
CAMH Foundation is seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) to the Vice President, Corporate & Community Partnerships. The EA provides executive and administrative support to the Vice President and the Corporate & Community Partnerships team, helping the Foundation achieve its goals.
This role is critical to the effective functioning of the entire Corporate & Community Partnerships team. The EA provides support with room bookings, meeting set-up, meeting bookings, meeting materials and other functions requiring coordination. This key position requires the ability to work on complex and confidential issues and oversee and/or participate in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects and initiatives. The EA will work collaboratively with the entire CAMH Foundation team and other stakeholders, including volunteers, donors, and hospital colleagues.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, proactive, energetic and versatile team player who can manage multiple priorities in a busy office. They will enjoy the challenge of working in a vigorous, successful environment with responsibility for a wide range of assigned duties and projects. In particular, the individual will have the organizational and collaboration skills needed to keep things moving forward. They will have an astute attention to detail and execute with excellence.
- Coordinate complex activities, including committee work, scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences, and other engagements based on an understanding of other commitments and priorities.
- Manage the VP’s calendar based on their priorities, and arrange meetings and travel, ensuring preparation time and all backup material.
- Manage tasks and identify upcoming deadlines with recommendations on actions.
- Manage the onboarding of Corporate & Community Partnerships team members.
- Draft, proof and prepare meeting materials, correspondence, thank you letters, proposals, presentations, requests for information and other documents.
- Be the conduit between the VP and internal teams, re-routing actions, emails, etc., as appropriate. Field questions on behalf of the VP.
- Keep offices organized and operating effectively and efficiently; set up systems to support same; maintain database, files and records.
- Prepare for internal and external meetings including presentation preparation, meeting materials, room bookings, catering, AV requirements, and guest special requests.
- Provide regular revenue, budget, actions and fundraising activity reports. Review credit card statements and follow up as appropriate. Assist in setting up and tracking POs. Process expense reports.
- Liaise with senior volunteers, and donors, and serve as an important link between the Foundation and the senior executive, clinical and staff teams at CAMH.
- Collaborate with other staff to prepare summary documents containing accurate, high quality, grant and program data and descriptions.
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Support the administration of volunteer committees as assigned.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A post-secondary education or a combination of relevant skills and work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing senior level strategic and administrative support.
- A responsive customer service orientation and experience interacting with influential community and business leaders. Some exposure to the philanthropic or non-profit sector would be an asset.
- Unquestionable integrity, a highly nuanced sense of judgment and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Act as an ambassador in all situations, positively representing the Hospital and the Foundation.
- Understanding of partnership and collaboration across functions and organizations.
- Proven ability to operate professionally and with consistently high standards of excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with database systems such as Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Advanced appreciation of administrative standards including document formatting and quality, correspondence style, and the appearance of all materials prepared for external use.
- Excellent organizational skills with diligent attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through to effectively manage work flow and continuously improve the efficiency of the office.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with others at all levels.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while prioritizing own work to handle multiple tasks and ensure established deadlines are met.
- Good interpersonal skills and a highly positive attitude with the ability to support collaboration and collegiality in a small office.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of CAMH Foundation.
CAMH FOUNDATION GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Our north star is creating hope and improving outcomes for people facing mental illness. We work in respectful partnerships with each other and our hospital partners to inspire philanthropy and raise awareness in support of mental health.
Positive Intent: As individuals and teams, we assume positive intent in all interactions.
Responsibility: Being employed at CAMH Foundation comes with a responsibility to serve the organization. We are individually and collectively accountable to ensure CAMH Foundation as a whole is bigger and better than the sum of the parts.
Culture Carriers: We are role models and advocates for an inclusive and diverse culture. We aspire as individuals and as a collective team to continuously enhance the culture we want to see.
Transparent & Open Communication: We show courage by having open dialogue and tough conversations in a respectful and authentic way.
Personal Accountability: We are personally accountable for our actions, behaviours and results as defined by our strategic and operating plans, and guiding principles.
Action Oriented: We aim to continuously achieve clarity on roles, responsibilities and next steps. Once a decision is made, we move forward and always have one another’s back. We thrive and work best as one united team.
Proactive Collaboration: We proactively seek opportunities for collaboration across teams and stakeholders, develop trusted partnerships, and create integrated plans to further our mission.
Empowerment: We support and encourage the empowerment of ourselves and colleagues.
SLT and management are responsible for creating opportunities for professional growth, and creating space to voice opinions and concerns in a safe and respectful environment.
Best Judgment: As representatives of the Foundation, we make ethical and legal decisions that align with our guiding principles and enhance the reputation of the entire organization.
Gratitude: We are grateful for the support we receive, for what we get to be a part of, and to be in a position to inspire and create change.
CAMH Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CAMH has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
As an employment equity employer, CAMH Foundation actively seeks Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, people with disabilities, (including people with who have experienced mental health and substance use challenges), and additional diverse identities for our workforce.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and résumé via email to email@example.com by 5pm ET on Friday, March 6, 2020. We thank you for your interest in this role.
Please enter “Response to CAMH Foundation, Executive Assistant” in the subject line of the email.