Posted On: 2020-02-14
Closing On: 2020-03-06
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada (“CCC”) is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing over $127 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Our Crohn’s & Colitis – Make it stop. For life. Campaign has already achieved $84 million (or 84%) of its goal, and funds raised are already advancing our mission.
Visit crohnsandcolitis.ca for more information.
The Coordinator, Donor Relations will provide prospect research, relationship and information management, fundraising intelligence/strategy, proposal writing and stewardship support to the organization with all development initiatives such as our Make it Stop. For Life campaign. You will support the delivery of a best in class donor experience for all new, current and potential donors to CCC.
Based in our National Office in Toronto and reporting directly to the National Director, Leadership Giving, you will work closely with both national and regional development teams in support of the organization’s revenue/fundraising targets.
- Post secondary education in fundraising, business or communications;
- CFRE designation or working towards designation, preferred;
- 2+ years of fundraising experience with demonstrated achievement in key aspects of donor relations;
- Proven experience in prospect development and stewardship;
- Experience collaborating with a wide-variety of stakeholders; thrives in a fast-paced work environment, maintaining a positive frame of mind and setting an example of professionalism for others;
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal, team support, and communications skills;
- Excellent writing, research, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills; proven ability to prepare and present brief but accurate and comprehensive reports or presentations to a variety of audiences;
- High degree of professionalism and maintaining confidentiality;
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Experience working with Raiser’s Edge Fundraising software;
- Membership with APRA Canada/ AFP an asset, with strong commitment to upholding the Code of Ethics as set out by AFP and APRA; and
- Successful completion of a police reference check.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- Based out of our national office located near Yonge & St.Clair;
- Flexible work hours and work from home policies available;
- Health and Dental employees benefits package available; and
- Employer matching RRSP program available.
- In collaboration with members of the Development team, participate in the development and implementation of personalized donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies;
- Identify, research and qualify major gift prospects; gather information regarding their philanthropic interests, giving capacity, affinity to organization; provide prospect summary recommendations to development staff on prospect fundraising strategy and priorities;
- Work together with the Development team to coordinate the preparation of volunteer and regional staff major gifts resources such as prospect research snapshots and briefings. Maintain prospect moves management system in Raiser’s Edge on development activities. Provide training to regional staff so they are able to maintain their own donor records, and maintain prospect information files;
- Provide customized acknowledgements, stewardship reports and other related donor materials that advance major gifts from individual, corporate and foundation donors;
- Prepare a monthly activity report on various aspects of the Crohn’s and Colitis Canada campaign and major gift program by accessing data from the donor database and other files;
- Research and prepare grant proposals that will advance the organizations programs, goals and financial needs; and
- Other duties as assigned by the National Director, Leadership Giving and Corporate Partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive compensation package and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote "Coordinator, Donor Relations" in the subject heading in your email. We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provides accommodations for disabilities upon request.