Posted On: 2020-02-17
Closing On: 2020-03-27
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Manager, Content Strategy - Full Time
Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve – 4,735 last year alone – come from throughout Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
We are looking for a Manager, Content Strategy to join our team in Toronto.
About the opportunity:
Working closely with the Director of Development & Communications and in collaboration with key content contributors, the Manager, Content Strategy is accountable for executing and managing the overall content strategy for all RMHC Toronto marketing initiatives and for creating engaging and informative content for all audiences of Ronald McDonald House Charities Toronto.
What will you be doing?
- Execute and manage the overall content strategy inclusive of best practices, working collaboratively with key content experts and contributors across the organization to drive key results;
- Lead the implementation of digital marketing communication programs and plans which support the organizations goals and board approved budget;
- Deliver breakthrough digital marketing communications programs that differentiate RMHC Toronto, grow brand awareness and drive revenue through donor-centric strategies while meeting organizational requirements that are aligned with the RMHC Toronto brand;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on the development of integrated multi-channel marketing strategies and solutions;
- Oversee design of social media presence including social media content calendar and related budget, listening and engaging with the community and sparking online conversation;
- Lead the development and design of a new RMHC Toronto website and digital Annual Review;
- Oversee and execute program planning and budget development.
Content Creation & Production
- Collaborate with key content contributors (internal and external), produce an editorial calendar and manage the daily creation process of all content to ensure they meet organization goals and map to the larger content marketing strategy;
- Oversee the design, content and production of external communications (digital and print media) to ensure content supports the overall search strategy including newsletters, media releases, stewardship reports, Annual Review, direct response materials, website and social marketing initiatives;
- Contribute to and/or develop speaking materials and other content for Leadership and Board of Directors as needed;
- Ensure adherence to brand and graphic standards in all communications. This includes maintaining a consistent voice and strategic message across all platforms;
- Ensure web properties are following online fundraising best practices, are AODA compliant and are consistently optimized based on available data.
- Manage effective relationships with internal clients, external agencies and vendor partners;
- Manage the day to day relationship with external agencies and serve as the liaison between internal marketers and the agency and also manage budgeting, and billing with all outside agency partners;
- Work collaboratively with RMHC Canada, RMHC Global and other Chapters to support joint marketing efforts and provide strategic counsel, guidance and support.
Research and Measurement
- Evaluate emerging technologies and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate;
- Implement reporting procedures to track success of the content marketing strategy;
- Monitor overall digital and direct mail program performance and ensure consistent and accurate reporting including open rates, clickthrough rates, response rates, revenue and conversion rates;
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end donor experience across multiple channels and donor touch points;
- Through collaboration with the Development team, define and implement A/B testing methodology and framework to optimize donor experience to increase revenue;
- Seek, share and adopt ideas and best practices in and outside the organization and embrace change introduced by others;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
If you have the following background:
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Journalism, Communications, PR, Marketing or related fields;
- Minimum 5+ years progressive experience in a digital media management role or marketing agency;
- 3+ years of previous leadership and people management experience with success in leading, developing, recruiting, managing and motivating employees;
- A deep understanding of the role of digital and various forms of digital is necessary, including paid media, social media, search, analytics, web/mobile, CRM and marketing automation;
- Experience in developing and leading digital campaigns of varying sizes and content calendars;
- Strong understanding of what makes great SEO-friendly content;
- Strong proficiency in paid media (search, display, programmatic, mobile, video) platforms and social media platforms; Google Ads and Analytics, Google Tag Manager (conversion tracking);
- Current with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement;
- A proven track record of strategic and experimental thinking;
- Focus on performance and KPIs in context with overall business goals;
- Skilled at analyzing data, deriving insights and building creative output to meet objectives;
- Ability to work on big strategy plans as well as execution of day to day tasks;
- An understanding of the non-profit environment an asset;
- Experience with website design an asset.
And the following personal attributes:
- Strong ability to translate strategy into actionable plans;
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate;
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking. Knowledge of and passion for metrics & trends;
- Strong proof reading and editing skills;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines while balancing multiple and sometimes conflicting demands from various stakeholders;
- Effective problem solver with initiative to be innovative and creative with developing new ideas and concepts;
- Exemplary collaboration and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Dynamic team player;
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail;
- Committed to team-based environments;
- A strong desire to make a difference in the lives of children, families and the community;
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends.
We want to hear from you!
Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if RMHC is right for you? We offer:
- A competitive compensation & health benefits package;
- RRSP Program;
- Wellness days;
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, families and the community.
Interested in being a part of the Ronald McDonald House Charities team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application!
Ronald McDonald House Charities Toronto embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume using the link below:
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.