The Pinball Clemons Foundation is expanding! We want to support more youth in 2020 and we need your help. You will be part of a small team with a big heart. We have an open concept office where self-motivation is important and essential. We are collaborative and supportive and are passionate about the work we do. We are looking for a team member who can help guide the team through fundraising.
Pinball Clemons Foundation (PCF) is empowering youth through education by bringing them from the margins to the mainstream.
We provide marginalized youth with educational resources and options to integrate into the mainstream of society. With the implementation of a customized mentorship program and financial support, we are removing the barriers that often hinder success.
The ultimate goal is not a diploma or degree – we want to see youth successfully enter the workforce, sustainably employed in careers they desire. Our Margins to Mainstream Partnership model is working to change the narrative for marginalized youth.
If you are looking to impact the lives of others and are an experienced fundraiser or sales professional, this is the role for you! The Manager of Development is responsible for fundraising through multi-channels and stewarding donors to further establish our donor base. The incumbent should be passionate about our mission of taking youth from the margins to the mainstream.
We are seeking a well- spoken and motivated individual to promote our Foundation within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and across Ontario.
Job Responsibility #1: Strategic Development (20%)
• Work in alignment with the Executive Director, you will actively engage with the public and private sectors to inspire potential donors to become direct supporters of PCF.
• You will review existing fundraising strategies and further develop new initiatives to increase the donation commitments to date.
• You will provide input into the development and design of professional, compelling materials including print and online/digital resources with our marketing team.
• You will work with the Executive Director to represent our charity in a professional and ethical way and focus on achieving fundraising goals to support the Foundations overall strategic plan.
• You will develop a reporting protocol for fundraising targets.
• You will actively build on the success of the annual fundraising events and create new means of fundraising for the cause.
Job Responsibility #2: Donor Solicitation, Stewardship and Communication (70%)
• You will assist in the development of a monthly giving program and an employee giving program.
• You will regularly update, coordinate, and manage the donor database and solicit new donors as well as current or past donors to deepen their commitment.
• You will lead the research into grant and foundation funding opportunities and keep track of application deadlines.
• You will prepare and consult with the Executive Director on funding proposals.
Job Responsibility #3: Event Support (10%).
• Attend events and represent PCF.
• Follow-up with all donors in attendance or prospects within 3-5 business days, post event.
• You are proficient with computer software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, and database) and specific applications/systems (e.g. Raiser's Edge) to maintain records and prepare reports, briefing notes and presentations.
• Full time (To be negotiated).
• Annual salary reviews.
• Supportive, comprehensive training.
• Competitive vacation benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monday to Friday 9-5.
• Some weeknights and weekends for events and fundraisers.
• You must thrive in a leading role and be eager to raise funds and buildawareness.
• You have 3-5 years of relevant fundraising or sales experience and are comfortable working with the public.
• You are a motivated and well-spoken individual and have confidence in your ability to engage new donors.
• You have experience monitoring and reporting performance results and KPIs and are a team leader during fundraising events.
• You have experience with donor appeals ranging from one-on-one meetings with major donors to mass mail-outs and emails/ social media blasts.
• You take accountability for your work, know how to keep others accountable in a positive and caring way, and are comfortable being accountable to the board and staff collective.
• You have a positive and professional attitude; you’re energetic, thrive in an environment that encourages critical thinking.
• You are well-organized, and able to prioritize work.
• A desire to make a difference for the charity you represent.
• Self-starter, detail and task oriented, and organized with a customer and results focused attitude.
• Attention to detail, and high-level of accountability for the quality and timely completion of projects.
• Flexible personality and work style that can adjust to different styles and expectations.
If this sounds like a career position you would like to get involved with, feel free to forward your resume with salary expectation.
Please submit your resume and a letter to the attached address to apply (ideally as a single PDF).
The letter should describe: Your experience with fundraising or sales, including organizations you have raised money for, the amount of money you raised, the types of donors/clients you worked with, and the strategies you implemented that made the difference in your level of success, how you understand PCF’s focus on taking youth from the margins to the mainstream and your requested salary for the position.
Executive Director, Pinball Clemons Foundation