Posted On: 2020-02-26
Closing On: 2020-03-27
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The RTO/ERO Foundation is seeking an experienced fundraising professional for a newly created role as Senior Development Officer. Reporting to the Executive Director, this is an exciting role for an individual with a track record in revenue generation who also has strong skills in the area of marketing and communications.
Core responsibilities for the new Senior Development Officer are to bring structure to the Foundation’s fundraising efforts and to grow revenue significantly and sustainably. The successful candidate will have a strong record in resource development in the non-profit sector, excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- Assist in the development, budgeting and implementation of a plan to successfully grow the Foundation’s annual giving program
- Develop and manage multi-channel fundraising program at all levels of donor engagement including acquisition, repeat giving, upgrading, retention, annual giving, mid-level and monthly giving
- Manage major gift program including strategy, solicitation and stewardship
- Manage program focused on planned giving and bequests
- Help develop and implement stewardship plans and strategies
- Track, measure and analyze fundraising and communication results
- Help solicit and secure corporate sponsorship and philanthropic giving
- Assist with communications planning and efforts including print and digital content, newsletters, website, brand collateral and webinars
- Oversee internal production and external vendors to ensure flawless and cost-effective execution of direct mail and digital campaigns
- Develop, plan and coordinate small to medium sized fundraising and/or media events
- Post-Secondary degree in Fundraising, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience working in a professional fundraising role in the non-profit and/or education and/or health care sector
- Experience developing and implementing fundraising strategies
- Knowledge of principles and techniques related to some or all of the following: donor acquisition & retention, major gift fundraising, monthly & intermediate giving, planned giving and corporate fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to achieve ambitious fundraising goals
- Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently managing multiple projects and timelines
- Experience working with CRM databases is an asset
- Professional polish, outgoing personality, and ability to build relationships easily
- Proficiency with social media platforms and other communications tools
Who we are
The RTOERO Foundation is the philanthropic partner of RTOERO; a professional association with 80,000 members.
Our mission is to fund research and invest in innovative programs to support healthy, active aging; with a special focus on helping end social isolation among older adults. Established in 2011, we were inspired by our members’ desire to improve the quality of life for our older family, friends, neighbours and selves.
The RTOERO Foundation plays a pivotal role in advancing aging-related research and education; and in facilitating community action to enhance the quality of life for aging adults. More specifically, we focus our funding efforts on the training of health care professionals, and partnering with researchers related to geriatrics and gerontology.
Interested candidates please forward your resume an coverf letter to email@example.com.
The RTOERO Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion, which includes a work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
According to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) The RTOERO Foundation will endeavor to remove any barriers to recruitment, selection and hiring processes and will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities upon individual request.
Thank you for your interest in joining The RTOERO Foundation. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.