We are looking for a fundraising leader who passionately believes in providing services and building community with and for marginalized communities living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Are you ready for a role where you provide overall strategic direction, vision and strategy to a talented and dedicated team? Do you want to feel like your work makes a difference on a daily basis? Are you interested in an agile environment where new ideas and creativity are encouraged and supported?
PWA (the Toronto People With AIDS Foundation) is a community-based non-profit that has been serving all people living with HIV since 1987. With the ongoing improvements in treatment options since the mid-1990s, the needs of people living with HIV have become increasingly complex, necessitating that PWA continues to provide needed services to people living with HIV across Toronto and the GTA. Through a robust program of practical supports, community access to critical medical services, active volunteer engagement, and health & therapeutic care, PWA provides critical services to 2,250 individuals annually.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and supervising the Manager Philanthropy & Sponsorship, Philanthropy Officer, Special Events Coordinator, as well as relevant contract staff, our new Associate Director, Development will:
- Create and successfully execute a cohesive, innovative and strategic vision for all fundraising activities to support PWA’s operating and capital needs.
- Promote and champion an organizational culture of philanthropy.
- Contribute positively to organizational culture and reflect PWA’s values.
- Actively engage with PWA staff and the community to truly understand the agency’s mission and vision and to gather stories for use in development communications.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising, including annual giving, major gifts, corporate sponsorship, foundation contributions, donor relations, planned giving and stewardship, ensuring the department has a robust gift pipeline that will reach annual revenue goals.
- Lead corporate sponsorship outreach, and work with the Executive Director and agency staff to build relationships with new prospects and steward active corporate partners.
- Own the corporate sponsorship program for PWA’s sustaining event, the Friends for Life Bike Rally, which raises in excess of $1 million annually and provide leadership support for all other aspects of the Friends for Life event.
- Meet or exceed individual revenue goals and ensures team accountability towards overall agency fundraising goals.
- Create accountabilities, transparency, metrics, targets and performance indicators for philanthropy events, programs and the department.
- Serve as primary staff liaison with the Board’s Fundraising Committee.
- Supervise, support and provide performance feedback to all department staff.
- Develop, monitor and administer department budget, workplans and reports.
- Ensure effective management, review and analysis of donor statistics and information.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience preferably as a direct supervisor with demonstrated expertise in strategic thinking and program planning.
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical, providing oversight while also playing a hands-on role in philanthropy at the agency.
- Exceptional track record developing and cultivating donors and relationships with community stakeholders, individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Expertise with multi-channel marketing and communications programs including social marketing and e-philanthropy.
- Understanding or a willingness to learn about the complexity of issues relating to HIV/AIDS.
- Collaboration and an interest in our community including presence and participation in major events, making staff, donors, Board members and participants feel connected.
- Background and experience working with Boards or other governance-based organizations.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity to issues of diversity and accessibility.
- Post secondary degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AFP membership and CFRE designation are strong assets.
Please submit a resume and brief cover letter explaining your interest in this role and connection to our mission to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2020.
PWA is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people living with HIV/AIDS to apply for this position.