Posted On: 2020-03-06
Closing On: 2020-03-27
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation is an innovative fundraising organization committed to connecting with our west end community and supporting St. Joseph’s Health Centre’s Promise to look after the unique health needs of this wonderful community of half a million. This Promise is rooted in a century-long tradition of community care that was the mission of our founding Sisters of St. Joseph when they first opened our doors in 1921. As we lead up to our 100th Anniversary in 2021, we are renewing our Promise to the west end with a commitment to meeting the care needs of this community.
We have grown in recent years to be a leading community hospital foundation with a strong and engaged board of directors. In June, we announced reaching a milestone of $100M raised in our Promise campaign. We are looking for a new member for our team to work closely with our neighbours in support of St. Joe’s. Gifts to the Foundation help the Health Centre create new spaces, modernize facilities and buy new equipment.
We are looking for someone with firsthand knowledge of the west end, someone who is looking to work for an organization that is a pillar in our community, and, ideally, is close to their heart.
If you feel that you would be a great fit for this position, we invite you to apply by Friday, March 27th at 5:00pm via the Unity Health website: https://unityhealth.to/careers/
Reporting to the Vice President, Development, the Manager, Corporate Partnerships & Events is an integral part of the Development Team, focused on achieving the Foundation’s goals and business objectives by supporting the successful execution of the corporate partnerships and events fundraising plan.
Managing a portfolio of donors and prospects, they will be responsible for generating partnerships and sponsorships of $10,000 or more from corporations and corporate foundations that are central to our fundraising success.
The incumbent is a frontline fundraiser with specific corporate partnerships revenue goals, as well as responsibilities for driving the fundraising plan for our signature fundraising events. They are part of the major gifts team working closely with the President and Vice President and will support the work of this group in a variety of ways.
The ideal candidate is relationship builder who likes a challenge and is dedicated to finding opportunities for the Foundation to expand its corporate revenue base. They will know our west end community well and will work to leverage internal assets and our existing signature events (Fall Classic Golf Tournament, Toronto West Halloween Fest, Cycle 4 St. Joe’s and Promise Festival of Lights) in ways that mobilize the community; build awareness of the Health Centre; and raise critical funds.
They will be a strategic thinker, clear communicator and strong executer. The Manager will have a strong track record of success over the last five or more years, including experience working with volunteers at all levels and supporting their success.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Qualifies, cultivates, solicits, manages and stewards corporate partnerships that create new or incremental revenue for St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation;
- Develop the strategy and manage all aspects of the solicitation process, including researching and discerning the objectives of prospective partners and creating proposals/presentations;
- Draft proposals for solicitation meetings with prospects and partners;
- Knows and applies best practices in the design and execution of corporate partnerships and event sponsorships;
- Accountable for overseeing the revenue portfolio for St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation’s fundraising events;
- Continuously evaluate the partner’s satisfaction in order to design expansion opportunities with the goal of increasing or diversifying revenue potential;
- Maintains relationship data for events/partners in CRM database (Raiser’s Edge);
- Contributes to Foundation team initiatives, plans and meetings.
- University or college degree required;
- At least five years of related experience; fundraising, corporate partnerships, event and volunteer management;
- Fundraising experience in health care environment preferred, ideally with experience working on corporate partnerships and volunteer management;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Preferred experience working with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software;
- Outstanding communicator, effective writer and strong team member;
- Strategic thinker;
- Strong supervisory skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
If you feel that you would be a great fit for this position and foundation, we invite you to apply by 5:00pm Friday, March 27th via the Unity Health website: https://unityhealth.to/careers/
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis before the application deadline closes.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are looking forward to you helping us realize impressive results now and in the years to come!