Posted On: 2020-03-09
Closing On: 2020-03-27
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
- All freshwater ecosystems and the wildlife that depend on them in good condition.
- Healthy marine ecosystems on all three coasts.
- A vibrant and ecologically sound future for the Arctic.
- Resilient communities across the country that enhance nature.
- Build, coach and manage a Philanthropy & Donor Engagement team of five mission-driven staff (four donor officers and one supporting staff person, who assists with moves management diligence and the preparation of proposals and stewardship reports).
- Work with the team to achieve aggressive fundraising goals and put in place strategies to secure and grow donations over $10,000 from individuals, foundations and governments.
- Work closely with the Director of Research, Analytics & Planning to oversee the development and data management of the Philanthropy & Donor Engagement team’s portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Develop effective working relationships with Conservation leads and program teams and facilitate strong, collaborative and transparent working relationships that deliver the best results for the organization.
- Actively engage with senior volunteers and Board members as required.
- Effectively collaborate with the Director, Community Giving & Marketing and the Director, Communications and their teams to ensure strong marketing, events and communications support for major gift fundraising initiatives.
- Provide coaching to the members of the team in support of their professional development.
Financial targets & donor relations
- Personally manages a portfolio of between 50 and 75 high-level prospects and donors to achieve a personal annual revenue target of $1-1.5M.
- Successfully manage the Philanthropy & Donor Engagement team to deliver on an annual revenue target of $7-10 M.
- Successfully leverages the CEO and SVP, Development in major gift donor relations and supports them in the relationships that they directly manage.
- Manage the full scope of activities related to the identification, cultivation and solicitation of the Philanthropy & Donor Engagement portfolio, specifically focused on expanding WWF’s current list of supporters.
- Actively engage and steward all existing donors in the portfolio through a consistent and refined moves management approach.
- Accountable for the overall donor experience of major gift donors. Shared accountability for the donor experience of mid-level donors.
- Provide leadership on the development of high-quality compelling case documents, proposals and stewardship materials aligned to the WWF brand.
- Provide oversight of proposal writing, stewardship events, reports and other activities.
- Oversee the ongoing updating of our case for support, proposal, and stewardship materials to ensure high quality, impactful and current communications to donors and prospects.
- Develop and/or recommend policies and practices that facilitate best-in-class fundraising practices and processes. Ensures team compliance with legal and ethical fundraising practices and other organizational policies and procedures.
- Prepare annual business plans and budgets for Philanthropy & Donor Engagement and the preparation of quarterly financial reports and forecasts.
- Conduct and fulfill team performance review requirements.
- University / College Degree with 7-10 years of relevant experience in not-for-profit fundraising demonstrating a track record of success in achieving revenue targets and progressive advancement
- A CFRE designation is preferred but not required.
- Experience in the environmental (ENGO) sector and an understanding of science and current environmental issues is preferred but not required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills having previously worked with a wide-range of donors and funding decision makers is essential.
- A mission-driven professional. Someone who demonstrates a genuine interest in people and their passion for nature and wildlife.
- Deep understanding of major gift donors, the foundation landscape in Canada and experience dealing with government funders – including trends and best practices in philanthropy, impact reporting and measurement.
- Quebec fundraising experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of people management skills with the ability to model behaviours, motivate and coach others to success.
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed team preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Comfortable with digital trends in fundraising communications.
- Experience with strategic planning, program assessment and project implementation.
- Comfortable operating in a matrixed environment, and participating in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and a strong attention to detail in a fast-moving environment.
- High degree of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset.
- Apart from its mission, what makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice for you?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations?
- How flexible are your salary expectations?
- Where did you see this posting?