Posted On: 2020-03-11
Closing On: 2020-03-29
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
All across Canada, Jack.org is training and empowering young people to revolutionize mental health. This is what we do.
Behind each of our 3,000+ young leaders making an impact on youth mental health in Canada is a team of 45 devoted staff and the hundreds of annual grants and foundation contributions that make it all possible.
At Jack.org, we’re growing fast. Our current multi-year strategic plan projects a doubling of annual revenue by 2025, and we’re expanding our development team to help us reach that goal. Our new Grants & Foundations Manager will serve as the principal point of contact for foundation and government grant management at Jack.org, contributing to the major gift team goal of $3.3 million in revenue in FY21, as well as our ambitious growth plans for the years ahead.
If you're a strategic thinker and team builder, with a strong sense of accountability, project management skills, and expertise in grant and proposal writing -- we want to talk to you.
In this role, you will:
- Report to the Director of Development and be primarily responsible for the health of the organization’s grant & foundations portfolio
- Establish and carry out solicitation and stewardship plans for all major grant and foundation donors
- Supervise and support the work of a high-functioning team of three
- Review and set the strategic direction for all funding requests, proposals, and grant applications based on funder preferences, capacity, and priorities
- Manage grant application submissions from strategy to execution
- Contribute to the design and deployment of a prospect research process, clearance, and data management system
- Oversee creation of prospect lists and acquisition of new funding partners
- Oversee all funder stewardship activities to engage donors, ensure they are aware of their impact, and promote donor retention
- Work with the Finance team to thoroughly respond to financial information requests related to grant agreements
- Work alongside the Programs team in order to stay up to date on program developments, helping to ensure grant obligations are fulfilled
- Support the Finance and Senior Management Teams by providing accurate monthly revenue and expense projections and financial reporting for the board of directors
- Complete other duties as required
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working directly with the identification, management, and solicitation of corporate, private foundation, and government grants
- A strong people manager with 2+ years of proven experience leading a high-performing team
- Prior experience developing and implementing stewardship strategies - and the refined, first-hand knowledge and understanding of what fantastic donor stewardship looks like
- A powerful, confident, and talented communicator with highly developed proofreading and persuasive writing experience and abilities
- A strategic and analytical thinker with strong project management and problem-solving abilities
- Tremendous judiciousness, professionalism, and tact
- Adaptability, positivity, and the ability to thrive in a growing, fast-paced organization
- A visionary approach. We want to be bigger, better, and more impactful, and we need someone who is excited for the growth ahead of us and eager to contribute in a meaningful way to Jack.org’s evolution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and G-Suite products
We would love it if you had:
- Working proficiency in French
- Preexisting relationships within the granting or foundation spaces
- Comfort working with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Previous experience working with a board of directors and/or leading meetings with external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the mental health landscape for young people across Canada
What’s in it for you:
- A full-time, permanent position; $60-70,000 per annum, depending upon previous experience
- A comprehensive benefits package, including $2,000 annual coverage for mental health services, accessible from the first day on the job
- Working for an organization that supports professional development and that will invest time and money into your growth
- A flexible, trust-based culture: we offer unlimited sick days, flex hours, and remote work opportunities
- A fun, exciting environment filled with an amazing group of driven, talented people (check us out)
- In addition to vacation allowances, we offer week-long winter and summer office closure so that we can all recharge simultaneously
- A chance to shape the growth of an aspirational, well-funded organization and make a significant impact on the mental health and well-being of young people across Canada
If this sounds like you, apply here with your resume and a cover letter of no more than one page by March 29th. Resumes will be considering applications as they come in. So don’t delay!
Jack.org is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve to apply to join our team.
Jack.org welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Thank you for applying! 💙