Communications Coordinator (Foundation)
Newmarket, ON – Temporary Full Time 14-month Contract
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation (Southlake Foundation)
Southlake Foundation was established in 1980 and has been the fundraising partner to Southlake Regional Health Centre (Southlake) ever since, working with our donors and volunteers to build healthy communities and to shape the future of healthcare.
Located in the heart of York Region, Southlake is a full-service hospital with a regional, clinically advanced focus. As a regionally designated site, Southlake is responsible for developing and providing advanced levels of care to the more than one million people who reside in York Region, Simcoe County, and as far north as Muskoka. Advanced, specialty services include: arthritis care, cancer care, cardiac care, cataract surgery, child and adolescent eating disorders, mental health services for children, paediatrics and perinatal care, and thoracic surgery.
Are you an energetic marketing professional, ready to apply your skills and creativity to help Southlake Foundation maximize fundraising revenue and help bring world-class healthcare close to home for residents of York Region? Southlake Foundation is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our growing Marketing & Communications team on a contract basis (currently a 14-month term). Reporting to and working closely with the Manager, Marketing & Communications, the incumbent will collaborate with colleagues across the Foundation and Hospital, to execute on a variety of marketing and communications initiatives.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and/or supporting external marketing and internal communication collateral for print, social media, web and email that aligns with the Foundation brand
- Working closely with all departments to deliver thoughtful and integrated cross-channel messaging including: print, digital, direct, event and promotional materials
- Developing, managing and maintaining the Foundation website and social platforms, updating content, and including regular measurement and analytics, enabling digital marketing and fundraising strategies, including peer-to-peer events
- Working closely with the fundraising team and external agencies where applicable on executing event marketing tactics including event-specific collateral and on-site brand activations and experiences
- Miscellaneous research, administrative, and marketing activities as required
- Someone who takes initiative while demonstrating excellent judgment and a keen awareness of how your work connects with and affects other areas of the organization and community
- Flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Adept in navigating a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of accountability
- Post-secondary education, preferably within a marketing discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of marketing experience with demonstrated positive results
- Experience creating and producing a wide range of marketing collateral pieces, including print and video/multimedia content
- Experience managing and updating websites and online content
- Experience with campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution and support
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong design skills with ability to deliver creative content
- Comfort with Google Analytics and campaign reporting
- Familiarity with digital marketing trends
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress, including basic HTML/CSS for the purpose of updating and maintaining websites
- Knowledge of and experience applying SEO best practices
- Technical understanding of photography and videography is considered an asset
- Proficiency with Luminate Online and Convio is considered an asset
Southlake Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application Deadline – April 3, 2020
If you have the qualifications, commitment, and passion to join us and raise the bar for healthcare philanthropy in our communities, please visit our careers page and submit your application to job number J0320-0350. Please note that we will be accepting resumes on a rolling basis, and encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.