Posted On: 2020-03-17
Closing On: 2020-04-17
Location: Scarborough, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Kennedy House Youth Services is a registered not for profit agency and has a long and fine tradition of providing personal care for young people in the Greater Toronto Area. We started with an initial family-like group home in 1971 and have added along the way additional residential programs, a state-of-the-art secure custody facility, day treatment programs, shelter services, bailiff services, and outreach community services in designated priority neighbourhoods.
Kennedy House works with youth to enable them to grow as individuals to contribute to as members of the community. This is achieved by providing customized support and building trusting relationships.
Kennedy House requires a Senior Development Officer who can work full time.
The Senior Development Officer will be responsible for the development and implementation of KHYS’ fundraising strategy. He/she will be responsible for performing a wide variety of complex functions and services, such as being involved in maintaining contact with key donors, organizing and attending fundraising efforts, assisting in the creation of strategy recommendations, scheduling appointments, and administrative duties. He/she will engage in a team approach and thereby strengthen our Agency’s capacity as a whole.
- Customer Focus
- Communications [especially in person]
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Results Focus [proven ability to raise funds]
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Ethics and Integrity
- Accountability and Dependability
- Good Time Management
- Team Work
- Create fundraising goals and solicit funds to meet these goals
- Identify potential funding opportunities in the private and public sector and organize initiatives to solicit funding
- Coordinate publicity methods to ensure the public is aware of fundraising campaigns
- Steward donor relationships and provide ongoing updates to funders
- Ensure community and funder relationships are developed, enhanced and nurtured
- Develop yearly fundraising plans and monitor progress regularly
- Schedule, coordinate and manage attendance for meetings
- Prepare correspondence, reports and presentations
- Facilitate a team approach to fundraising throughout the Agency
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a donor data base
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met on schedule.
The successful candidate must have experience and possess the following qualifications:
- Post secondary education or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Accreditation as a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE), or working towards designation is preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of direct work experience in an fundraising capacity preferably for a non-profit youth organization (must be able to demonstrate results)
- Fundraising experience – especially in the area of 3rd Party & Events
- Valid Class G Driver’s License
- Clear Police Check and Vulnerable Sector Search must be maintained
- Ability to prepare and deliver face-to-face presentations to potential funders
- Able to write and format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
- Resourcefulness and flexibility
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal skills to communicate
- Strong customer service orientation
- Broad awareness of other cultures, values, identities and perspectives with a demonstrated ability and interest in working with and for diverse populations
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Fully literate in Word, Excel, and one or more fundraising data base programs
- Outgoing, inclusive and welcoming in nature
- Resourceful, motivated and energetic.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Flexibility to attend events outside of normal work hours when required
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Be able to assist with set up and take down of Special Events
Please note the successful applicants will have a six month probationary period.
Interested candidates please apply to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation: $50,000 annually, medical benefits, mileage
At Kennedy House we are committed to a supportive work environment, where employees have the opportunity to reach their fullest potential. Diversity and inclusion is a central part of our culture and we aspire to be a workplace that is respectful to everyone.