Amref Health Africa was founded over 60 years ago as the Flying Doctors of East Africa with a mission to bring critical health services to remote communities. Since then, we’ve grown to be Africa’s leading health charity. We believe that everyone everywhere should have the right to health. From our headquarters in Nairobi to our offices around the globe, we work to ensure the most vulnerable remain healthy through community driven and African-led health programs.
We focus on the areas of greatest need: maternal, new-born and child health; sexual reproductive health and rights; water, sanitation and hygiene; and health worker training. Globally we’ve reached over 9 million people across 35 African countries. In recognition of our effective programming, we’ve been awarded the Hilton Humanitarian Award, the Bill and Melinda Gates Global Health Award, and an organizational award for outstanding performance by the World Federation of Public Health Associations.
Based in Toronto, the Associate Director of Fundraising will have a proven track record of revenue generation through individual fundraising and marketing channels. Reporting to the Executive Director, the selected individual will be able to independently identify new donor prospects and maintain and build existing donor relationships. The primary goal of the role will be to implement a fundraising strategy to secure and grow revenue for the organization.
- Working with the Executive Director, provide strategic leadership for all of fundraising programs and activities for the Canadian office, including the development of the annual fundraising plan
- Develop collaborative working relationships with other internal departments as well as other offices in the Amref Health Africa family in order to achieve optimal results
- Manage and grow existing individual fundraising program (direct marketing, face-to-face fundraising, telemarketing, major donor fundraising and events) achieving agreed upon targets for donor acquisition and retention in Amref Canada’s multi-year marketing plan
- Manage the writing, design, editing and production process for all fundraising and marketing material
- Maintain existing major donor relationships and generate new ideas to meet and exceed revenue goals by identifying and upgrading potential major donors
- Prepare presentations to deliver to major donors and foundations
- Plan and execute annual fundraising event series
- Engage with the board fundraising committee on a quarterly basis to find ways to augment annual fundraising plan
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and reporting of financial goals and targets
- University education and demonstrated work experience in fundraising and marketing
- A proven track record of revenue generation through various direct marketing and individual fundraising channels
- An understanding of and experience with data analysis and forecasting
- Solid ability to track, report and present results to diverse stakeholders
- Strong writing skills (writing sample may be required)
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Familiar with database fundraising software (Donor Perfect)
- Detail-oriented, able to meet deadlines and multi-task, with a strong track record of fulfilling commitments
- Strong people skills to deal effectively with problem solving and motivate teams
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, using independent judgment to summarize and make recommendations for action on a variety of issues and prioritize tasks based on key fundraising objectives
- Experience and proven results in Foundations, Major Donor and Legacy Fundraising - including prospect research tools and techniques and/or digital fundraising
- Experience with brand and identity development
- Entrepreneurial spirit and effectiveness. Self-starter who can operate in ambiguity and is flexible to adapt in a dynamic, changing work environment.
- Passion, understanding and alignment to Amref Health Africa’s core mission
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation
This is a full time position with a comprehensive benefits package.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter email@example.com. by March 27, 2020.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE