Posted On: 2020-05-06
Closing On: 2020-05-25
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
The YWCA Peterborough Haliburton is seeking a dynamic and driven fundraising and communications leader for the role of Director of Philanthropy and Communications. The Director will lead the team responsible for developing and executing the YWCA’s relationship-based fundraising programs. The fundraising program includes major and annual giving, planned giving, signature and third party event programs, as well as the new corporate engagement program. The Director will also oversee the development and implementation of an engaging internal and external communications plan. The Director of Philanthropy will ensure that fundraising and communications are aligned with the values, mission and business objectives of the YWCA. The Director will provide leadership in the development of related policies and programs in addition to assisting in the development of the agency’s Strategic Action Plan. The Director of Philanthropy is a member of the management team of the YWCA and will act as a resource to the Board and its Committees.
The Ideal Candidate
An experienced leader with strong business acumen, the successful candidate will be a collaborative team player working closely with YWCA’s new Executive Director and the senior leadership team, contributing to the strategies and direction for the YWCA’s annual and long range plans. As an advocate for philanthropy who is excited by innovation, the Director will promote the exploration of new fundraising opportunities and ideas. The Director will be knowledgeable about best practices around the use of constituent relationship management systems (donor database), foundation grant proposal writing, social media, as well as other technical operational systems critical to the efficient operations of the philanthropy and communications functions. A strong, charismatic leader who can motivate and inspire, the successful candidate will focus a team of dedicated fundraisers through mentorship, coaching, and professional development. Emotionally intelligent, professional, and well-spoken, the Director will be comfortable engaging with the Board of Directors, media, community partners, and government officials. The successful candidate will have the ability to recognize and build connections throughout Peterborough and Haliburton with the goal of expanding the YWCA Peterborough Haliburton’s networks. A competent and compelling spokesperson for the YWCA and its impact, the incumbent will engage the business community and broaden the existing strong and positive relationships.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Advance the mission, vision, and values of the YWCA Peterborough Haliburton, in partnership with the management team and the Board to identify and engage new prospects and steward long-term relationships.
- Work with the philanthropy team in the strategic development and execution of a robust philanthropic revenue generation plan.
- Develop and execute annual operational plans and tactics for major and planned giving, signature events, foundation relations, as well as corporate and community initiatives.
- Manage a portfolio of major donor and partner relationships, including: individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Provide leadership to a team of five development staff, motivating them to achieve individual and team targets while providing opportunities for growth.
- Conduct annual goal setting and performance management for direct reports.
- Ensure the implementation of an engaging stewardship program that grows and sustains donor support.
- Develop the marketing/communications team and portfolio to create a best practice communications program that works to advance the mission and vision of the YWCA across all of its constituents and stakeholders, including: print, media, social media, proposals, impact/stewardship reports, annual reports, and newsletters.
- Participate as a member of the YWCA Peterborough Haliburton’s senior leadership team to support and contribute to the ongoing positive and engaging organizational culture. Implement all fund development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Experience leading, planning, and implementing a multi-faceted fund development program, with a comprehensive understanding of various revenue streams (annual/mid-level giving, planned giving, major giving, campaigns and events), and how best to foster integration and collaboration relative to these revenue programs.
- Progressive experience managing fundraising programs and teams and engaging with major donors.
- Superior interpersonal skills to develop and maintain a broad range of relationships as well as engage stake-holders both internally and externally.
- A strong understanding of donor stewardship and its importance in strengthening and deepening donor relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to inspire and influence at all levels with confidence.
- Demonstrated creativity and strong business acumen with knowledge of regulatory requirements for a fundraising organization.
- Understanding of the systems, data and software for the support of fundraising programs and donor management.
- Intellectual depth and curiosity, supported by a University degree in Business/Communications or relevant post-secondary education as well as a commitment to ongoing professional learning and development.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience, with 5+ years of major gift and at least 3 years management/supervisory experience. CFRE is an asset.
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening. Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle with appropriate business class liability insurance may be required for occasional work related travel.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations, by May 25, 2020 to Human Resources by email: HumanResources@ywcapeterborough.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Full job description available at: https://ywcapeterborough.org/
YWCA Peterborough Haliburton actively encourages applicants from all equity seeking groups. YWCA Peterborough Haliburton embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop, and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance to Human Resources – email@example.com