Posted On: 2020-06-05
Closing On: 2020-08-04
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Mackenzie Health Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to deliver the ultimate health experience and to relentlessly improve care through the funding of capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is currently spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest ever for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital.
Reporting to and working closely with the Director, Annual Giving, the Specialist, Annual Giving plans, designs, implements and evaluates all components of the Foundation’s comprehensive Annual Giving programs, including: Donor Renewal/Upgrade, Lapsed Reactivation, Donor/Patient Acquisition, Donor Stewardship, Mid-Level Giving, Monthly Giving, Online Giving, Family Campaign (Physician, Staff), Tribute Giving (In Honour/In Memory), Baby Wall, Business Giving, and Planned Giving. Targetting those with a giving capacity of $25,000 or less, the immediate focus is to raise financial support for the building of the new Mackenzie Vaughan hospital and redevelopment of the Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. Based out of the Foundation's offices in Vaughan, the Specialist, Annual Giving is a pivotal role to help the Foundation meet its current goals and build a steady, growing revenue base well into the future.
What must you have?
- Expertise providing strategic direction in the development and implementation of targeted direct response marketing campaigns (direct mail, email, telephone, face-to-face, social media, Google Search) designed to achieve growth objectives while maintaining effective cost ratios.
- Key contributor to the overall development and management of annual goals, strategy and budget, providing all necessary statistical and financial information.
- Subject matter expertise, staying on top of the latest fundraising trends and innovative practices.
- Superior knowledge of data segmentation techniques.
- Demonstrated track record creating and monitoring complex test plans.
- Superior analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex information and to communicate it to a variety of audiences.
- Manage the execution of all portfolio marketing initiatives, including critical paths, creative briefs, copy briefs, quotations, instructions to fulfillment houses/lettershops.
- Experience working on production with multiple external freelancers, vendors and agencies.
- Detailed monthly review of spending against budget and ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting of expenses and analyze and resolve variances.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines in an organized manner are essential.
- The ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Creativity, ambition and collaboration.
- Ability to foster positive relations between the Foundation staff, the Hospital staff, donors and other key stakeholders.
- Minimum of five (5) years of annual giving direct marketing experience.
- Minimum college and/or university degree or equivalent.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge.
What else do you bring?
- Passion for driving results.
- Be a team player who is also self-motivated and works effectively in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and multiple workflows.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring and values – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Experience working in healthcare philanthropy or not-for-profit environment is an asset.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Qualified applicants please apply online.