Posted On: 2020-06-17
Closing On: 2020-07-12
Location: Toronto and Vancouver
Effective: as soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Manager, Major Gifts – 2 opportunities
Plan International Canada
1. Remote-Based in Vancouver, BC (involves 15% travel annually)
2. Toronto, ON (involves 15% travel annually)
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are an inspiring team of intelligent disruptors who challenge each other to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
Amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19, these qualities have come to the forefront as our organization evolves to remain agile. Though we will evolve in many respects, our mission and strategic ambition will not change – and our work has never been so imperative. We will never stop believing in the multiplying power of girls and that every child deserves that right to learn, lead, decide and thrive. Our future success will be founded upon Plan International Canada’s 80+ year history of focusing on our mission, our core values, responding to challenges and seizing opportunities with purpose, relevance and impact.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
As part of the Philanthropy team, the Senior Manager, Major Gifts is responsible for developing and engaging a portfolio of current and prospective individual major donors, giving in the range of $10,000 - $1,000,000. The key focus will be on achieving annual revenue goals through the successful cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of donors and prospects for the campaign.
We are looking for a candidate who will foster a high-growth approach to philanthropy for the campaign; someone comfortable leading solicitations with current donors and engaging new prospects and foundations. Our successful candidate will have experience in major gift solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of major gift donors and people leadership.
What does success look like?
- Cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a robust portfolio of current donors (individual and foundation) at gift levels of $10K+
- Successful moves management activity that results in retention and migration of current portfolio
- Builds meaningful connections with qualified prospects that results in new and diverse revenue streams including the acquisition of Equality Collective members
- Supports development of briefing materials, proposals and presentations for donor, advisor and community foundations meetings
- Participates in donor-related activity, including events, that engage and inspire new and retained financial commitment to Plan International Canada
- Implements creative strategies and quality stewardship that inspire donors to make multi-year commitment and/ or stretch gifts
- Creates and participates in donor identification, cultivation and stewardship plans for prospects
- Effectively communicates Plan International’s fundraising priorities to reflect the interests and investment of donors and prospects
- Designs and implements appropriate solicitation strategies including the development of briefing materials, proposals and presentations
- Maintains up to date and accurate donor/ prospect profiles and records of contact
- Provides support to junior fundraisers on the team, as required
- Acts as a liaison and resource for other teams and works collaboratively towards common goals
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Demonstrated experience and achievements in fundraising or related experience; Bachelor’s degree and Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation preferred
- Business acumen and the ability to influence others by fostering strong business relationships; a proven track record of working with major gift donors
- An adaptable work style; open to collaboration with strong personalities; ability to thrive in a fast-paced evolving work culture
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust in donors, stakeholders and cooperation amongst colleagues
- Demonstrated tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner; capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
- Superior listening skills with the ability to interpret the concerns and interests of donors, translating them into attractive opportunities for investment in Plan International Canada’s priorities
- Excellent organizational, research and project management skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess exemplary communication skills – written, oral and presentation; including well developed networking ability
- Expertise in a CRM database and Microsoft Office Suite
- A valid Class 5/ G driver’s license, use of a reliable vehicle and ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required
How to apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity at Plan International Canada, please apply with your resume and cover letter to https://plancanada.ca/apply. Review of applications and interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!