Red Door Family Shelter is one of the largest family shelters in Toronto, providing shelter and support for women and children affected by violence and families experiencing a housing crisis. We provide shelter and support to over 350 families every year. This is an exciting time to be joining the Red Door as we are preparing to open our new family shelter in the coming months.
Ending family homelessness one family at a time.
The mission of the Red Door Shelter is to end homelessness for each family that comes through our doors by providing a safe, temporary refuge and critical services to support them in healing, rebuilding their lives and integrating back into a community.
Red Door Family Shelter is looking for a Senior Fund Development Manager to join our senior management team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Fund Development Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the fund development and communications strategy. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about our cause of ending family homelessness and alleviating poverty for families. The Senior Fund Development Manager will provide leadership to the fundraising team to successfully implement the strategy and achieve the fundraising goals and targets.
- Create and implement a strategic vision for the fundraising department, develop an annual resource development plan to set and achieve annual giving goals to support the operations of the Red Door Family Shelter.
- Lead, develop and motivate a high performing fundraising team that inspires a donor-centric philosophy and exceeds annual fundraising goals and targets.
- Manage a diverse fundraising strategy including third party events, peer-to-peer events, community and corporate partnerships and direct response.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the fundraising and communications strategy to build community relationships and visibility and promote the mission and vision of Red Door Family Shelter.
- Build strategic partnerships that support the fundraising and communications strategy.
- Develop appropriate recognition programs and activities for donors and supporters, and build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Forecast and manage the fundraising budget. Provide the input and feedback required to set the annual fundraising budget, manage the annual fundraising budget expenditures and work with the finance department to reconcile financial donations quarterly to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure all resource development activities and functions are in accordance with legal and ethical standards, including CRA, and fundraising by registered charities.
- Manage and evaluate the shelter`s social media presence.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in non-profit fundraising, including leadership experience and familiarity with community and social services sector.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CFRE designation is considered an asset.
- Ability to forecast and manage a fundraising budget.
- Excellent numerical ability and attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture.
- Proven ability to develop and implement a successful fundraising strategy.
- Strategic thinker with a growth mindset and ability to inspire a donor-centric philosophy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong ability to build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in writing in a range of formats, from online communications, sponsorship proposals, direct mail and appeal letters.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all forms of communications: social media (including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), public speaking opportunities, and delivering presentations to key stakeholders.
- Highly developed people leadership and team building skills. Experienced in supervising others.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Highly organized, able to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of Canada Revenue Agency tax receipting rules and guidelines is required.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of donor management software (e.g. eTapestry) and email distribution systems (such as MailChimp, Constant Contact), HTML, WordPress, and CSS is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook) is required.
- Valid G license and access to a car is considered an asset.
What We Offer:
Red Door Family Shelter offers meaningful opportunities to make a positive impact on women and children affected by domestic abuse and families experiencing a housing crisis. We offer a great work environment, an attractive compensation package with a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Natalia Schiopu by email: email@example.com by July 19th, 2020.
You can also send it by fax: (416) 915-5698 or mail it to 21 Carlaw Ave., Toronto, ON M4M 2R6.
Red Door Family Shelter is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and will carefully consider all applications. In the recruitment process only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Information acquired will be used strictly for the purposes of recruitment for employment with the Red Door Family Shelter.