Posted On: 2020-06-30
Closing On: 2020-07-10
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: August 2020
Employment Type: Full-Time
YSM is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading an infectious movement – going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto, from merely surviving to thriving.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Marketing, YSM is seeking a full time, Direct Marketing Specialist to be responsible for the implementation and assessment of key areas of the organization’s annual giving portfolio, providing seamless program execution and ensuring all channels - including direct mail, digital marketing, e-solicitations, monthly giving and social media - are meeting goals and functioning efficiently.
The ideal candidate must have an understanding of how to encourage annual supporters - as the foundation of YSM’s philanthropy program – and move them through the donor journey. Critical in the role is the co-ordination of direct response activities, working with our partner agency, as well as other members of the Philanthropy team, to ensure strong strategy, improved integration across various initiatives ad activities, all to ensure strong programs and return on investment.
- Acts as the day-to-day liaison with external direct response partners and vendors, to ensure deadlines are met, all materials are appropriate representations of YSM messaging and branding, approved by stakeholders and executed to reflect best fundraising practices.
- Work in conjunction with our direct response partner to support digital advertising collateral development and ensure its timely deployment and effective regular results tracking.
- Plan and develop content for YSM’s social media channels, deploying content to promote YSM’s programs, services and events, and to acknowledge our supporters and engage the public generally.
- Provide meaningful organizational information that is timely, relevant and accurate, ensuring partners and vendors have the most up-to-date information.
- Develop and deploy all fundraising e-appeals through Luminate Online and using established templates, ensuring proper development of related donation pages and associated performance/impact tracking.
- Oversee monthly giving program, with special attention to donor stewardship and deepening the engagement of these valued supporters, to aid in maximization of revenue.
- Work with Manager, Marketing & Communications to identify relevant and compelling stories, for use in direct response initiatives, like direct mail, digital marketing and social media.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of direct response campaigns by effectively utilizing reporting tools in Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online, Google Analytics and Facebook.
- Identify opportunities to increase fundraising program integration, to improve donor experience and maximize revenue, across direct response channels – direct mail, digital fundraising, e-solicitations and social media
- Work closely with the Database and Operations Manager to identify and request needed data lists for all direct response appeals.
- Contribute to YSM’s Media Relations, by responding to unsolicited media inquiries and identifying appropriate responses and activating YSM spokespeople, as needed.
The successful candidate will have the following well-developed skills and training:
- Demonstrated commitment to YSM’s Articles of Faith, mission principles and values.
- 3 or more years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within a non-profit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship building abilities.
- Well-developed time and project management skills, paired with problem-solving ability and resourcefulness.
- Ability to reprioritize in a fast-paced service-oriented environment.
- Attentiveness to detail.
- Must have 2 years’ working experience in using CRM software, preferably with Raiser’s Edge and, ideally, experience with Luminate Online.
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude.
- A growth mindset, love of learning and positive 'can do’ attitude.
- University degree or college diploma in direct marketing, communications and / or fundraising.
- A police check will be required.
To apply, please submit both your resumé and a cover letter, with salary expectations, to: https://ysm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=32. Application deadline: Friday, July 10, 2020.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca.