AFP Greater Toronto Chapter Philanthropy Awards
The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter has honoured leadership in philanthropy through its annual awards program since 1995. This year’s group of extraordinary recipients will join a long list of generous Canadians. These awards celebrate the outstanding contribution of time, leadership and financial support of a special group of Canadians who set new benchmarks of excellence in the acts of giving and volunteering.
- Outstanding Philanthropist – The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter has established the Outstanding Philanthropist Award to be presented in recognition of an individual or family that has demonstrated outstanding civic and philanthropic leadership through a proven record of exceptional generosity and financial support. Winners will have motivated others to take leadership roles toward philanthropy at the local, national and international levels.
- Outstanding Volunteer – The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter has established this award to be presented to an individual, couple or family in recognition of their exceptional skills in coordinating and motivating groups of volunteers for fundraising projects for the benefit of non-profit organizations and a commitment to the advancement of philanthropy.
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional – The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter has established this award to be presented in recognition of an AFP Greater Toronto Chapter member’s outstanding individual fundraising professional who practices his/her profession for a nonprofit organization, or as a consultant.
- Outstanding Corporation – The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter has established an award to be presented in recognition of a corporation or its corporate foundation that has demonstrated outstanding financial support (may include a portion of in-kind support), community involvement and motivation of others to take leadership roles.
- Outstanding Foundation or Philanthropic Group – The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter has established this award category to recognize a private foundation or a special-purpose philanthropic group that has demonstrated outstanding commitment through financial support and through encouragement and motivation of others to take leadership roles toward philanthropy and local, national and/or international community involvement.
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy – The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter has established a Youth in Philanthropy Award to be presented in recognition of outstanding volunteerism and leadership on the part of children and youth. By establishing this award the chapter hopes to serve both aims, while giving richly deserved recognition to the efforts of youth, 5 to 23 years of age who are involved in philanthropic activities.
- Mo Davies Small Organization Award for Excellence in Fundraising – The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter has established this award to be presented to a non-profit organization with 3 or fewer employees in the fundraising department. The organization has developed creative, resourceful and inspired campaigns, initiatives, projects or techniques that have grown and increased the organization’s fundraising infrastructure, program and results.
To learn more about our 2018 Philanthropy Awards recipients click here.
To learn more about AFP Global’s Awards programs click here.