DiSruptInG Philanthropy – Congress Podcasts
As part of #AFPCongress2018, we stayed true to our theme of disRupTing philanthropy by disrupting the way we deliver some of our unique, one-of-a-kind Congress content. For the first-time ever in Congress history, we recorded sessions live for a special AFP Congress podcast series that you can listen to on-the-go to gain inspiration & motivation as you move through your workday, on your commute to and from the office, and even as you enjoy your weekend…with podcasts, the choice of when and where to listen is yours!
What you’ll hear in each of these episodes is Congress come to life – the real sounds and conversations that our talented presenters and audience members had during the three days of Congress (November 19-21, 2018).
We hope that if you weren’t able to attend Congress, that you’ll enjoy listening with lots to learn from and feel inspired by. And if you were lucky enough to attend these sessions in-person, we hope that you’ll enjoy re-living them in podcast form and listening to them over again as important reminders of some of the key takeaways you can use to help you meet your professional development goals.
Podcast sessions include:
- Session Y-03: Create a Story Tour to Attract & Retain Donors for Your Nonprofit presented by Tammy Zonker. Sponsored by DonorPerfect Canada.
- Session Y-09: Disrupt Peer Review: Innovation in Board Motivation presented by Tracey Church, MLIS and Jennifer McNally, CFRE.
- Session G-05 – Back Road Cash: Ins & Outs of Small Town Fundraising presented by Malcolm Radke.
- Session Y-20 – Sticky Teams: How to Recruit and Retain (Fundraising) Talent That Sticks presented by Kishshana Palmer, CFRE.
- Session Y-24 – The Gift That Keeps On Giving: Unwrapping the Canadian Red Cross Online Holiday Campaign presented by Emily Chan, Colin Smith, Doug Wayne. Sponsored by Deloitte.
- Session Y-28 – Surge Your Charity Auction Profits: Trends, Tactics & Trade Secret presented by Layne, The Auctionista, BAS. Sponsored by Mills & Mills.
- Session Y-34 – Thundering Ahead: When a Capital Campaign Becomes an Act of Reconciliation presented by Stephanie Hughes, MBA, CFRE, Tara Janzen, B.Comm.
- Session R-13 – Scaling Up: Growing Your Organization for Greater Impact presented by Narinder Dhami, Gaurav Gupta, Jill Miller. Sponsored by The Offord Group.
You can listen & download each of the episodes by clicking the links above.
Many thanks to our podcast hosts, Congress 2018 Chair, Ann Rosenfield and Congress 2018 Education Chair, Laura Champion, and many thanks to each of our session hosts, presenters and sponsors, and to Freeman A/V for capturing the live recordings.
Finally, thank YOU for listening and for joining us on our quest to diSrupT philanthropy!
You can listen to all of our 2018 podcasts (including live recordings from our special #AFPSDS Congress pre-event) here.