A note to our Members:
I wanted to provide an update to you on the status of our day-to-day operations given this morning’s announcement by the Premier declaring a state of emergency for the province as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
Following our update from last week regarding the measures we are taking to ensure the safety and security of our staff, Board members, committee members, volunteers and community partners, we will be continuing to follow the recommendations of local and national health professionals during this time.
This means closing our offices for the time being to prevent the spread of the virus and to be able to effectively practice and promote social distancing. As of today (Tuesday, March 17) our office will be closed to any and all visitors and our team will be working remotely until further notice. We are lucky to have the capacity to continue to be able to support you, our members, virtually, and will ensure our continued services and daily operations run seamlessly.
With regards to our upcoming events, here is what we have planned:
- Thursday, April 9 – The Sponsorship Masterclass with Chris Baylis – postponed until further notice
- Thursday, April 16 – Senior leader Senate event – postponed until further notice
- Thursday, April 23 – Speaker Discovery Series – postponed until further notice
- Saturday, May 2-Sunday, May 3 – Fundamentals of Fundraising Weekend Intensive – postponed until further notice
- Thursday, May 14 – How to Become a CFRE – postponed until further notice
- Thursday, May 21 – CFRE Refresher course – postponed until further notice
- Wednesday, June 3 – Fundraising Day: The Fundraising Frontier – a virtual option is being considered. Stay tuned for more information.
Further details and updates will be posted on our website as they become available.
We will be continuing to monitor the situation closely and ask that you please connect with us by e-mail should you have any questions or concerns. Each of our contact info can be found on our website.
Once again, we thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
Penny Connors, BA, BComm, CRM, CAE
Executive Director, AFP Greater Toronto Chapter