Term: Minimum one year
Start Date: April 1, 2021
Responsible to: Executive Director and HR Committee Chair
The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter is a recognized leader in promoting philanthropy and providing education, training and best practices for those in the fundraising profession. With more than 1200 members, the Greater Toronto Chapter is the largest of the more than 240 AFP chapters throughout the world.
We are seeking a human resources professional to join our HR Committee in supporting the largest AFP chapter in the world. This is a great volunteer opportunity for a driven individual to work collaboratively, provide strategic advice and guidance, and share best practices to the Chapter Executive Director, Board and members.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and HR Committee to advise and counsel on all HR related matters that impact the AFP GTC team and members.
- Provide strategic direction on employee recruitment, retention and separation to the Executive Director.
- On-going coaching through the annual Performance Management Review (PMR) process and objective setting.
- Reviewing existing HR policies and suggest changes where necessary.
- Opportunity to develop and facilitate educational sessions for members.
- Available for monthly committee meetings (max. one hour) and ad-hoc projects.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related Human Resources experience.
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation is an asset.
- Knowledgeable on employee recruitment, selection and separation, employee and/or labour relations, policy and procedure development, performance management, and compensation and reporting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of human resources and health and safety principles and applicable legal and regulatory guidelines is required, including but not limited to the Employment Standards Act (ESA), Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Human Rights Code (HRC), Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), and other applicable regulations.
- Experience in or working with non-profit organizations.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion.
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to Penny Connors at email@example.com