Posted On: 2019-05-16
Closing On: 2019-06-16
Employment Type: Full-Time
Careers that make a world of difference!
When you make a decision to work with Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) you’re not just doing something great for your career, you are also saying you care about positively impacting the lives of children, their families and communities around the world. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to make a lasting difference. CCFC is currently recruiting for the following full-time position: Associate Director, Major Gifts.
The Associate Director, Major Gifts is a self-directed, results-oriented, multi-disciplined fundraising leader in the areas of major gifts and corporate gifts. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, this individual is accountable for meeting the fundraising targets through identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporate/major gift prospects and existing donors.
The Associate Director, Major Gifts is a qualified and confident subject matter expert, with strong prospect and moves management knowledge and with a natural ability to engage people and develop strong and personable relationships with donors and prospects. A persuasive communicator, the position, will clearly articulate the message and needs of CCFC, chair a volunteer fundraising committee comprised of board members and other volunteers to bring in new networks, contacts and donors, specifically high net worth individuals and the corporate social responsibility community.
This role includes, but not limited to:
Donor Prospecting and Cultivation:
- Initiate and build strong relationships with a portfolio of approximately 100 high net worth individuals and corporate partnerships
- Identify and evaluate specific prospective donors at the $10,000+ level; build and manage a vibrant and proactive portfolio of prospective donors, focusing on building sustainable relationships;
- Develop and implement effective cultivation strategies and activities to move existing middle, major/corporate donors to the next level of giving, i.e. moves management system;
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for cross-selling to maximize donor value to the organization;
- Prepare customized funding proposals and gift agreements to meet the donor’s personal, estate and financial planning goals;
- Prepare briefing notes that serve as background for meetings with volunteer solicitors and with donors;
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration on giving opportunities, appropriate stewardship and recognition of donors;
- Provide reports and facilitate Middle/Major Gift and Corporate Partnership pipeline strategy meetings with executives and key stakeholders.
- Comply with all CCFC policies and procedures;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent education and proven relevant experience;
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in successful major gifts and corporate partnership environment;
- Ability to establish strong, sustainable relationships with high net worth individuals and the corporate social responsibility community that translate into revenue;
- A proven track record in securing gifts from and establishing partnerships with multiple donor markets including individual and corporate giving;
- Outstanding inter-personal communication skills (verbal, visual, public speaking), coupled with highly refined influencing and negotiation skills;
- Excellent organizational presentatione into revenuef Pmments.er PM practices at CCFC to influence ctual organizational experience. Share knowledgand analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, internet research and donor database;
- Demonstrated initiative, diplomacy, sensitivity to confidential information, and sound judgment;
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, team environment as well as independently;
- Valid driver’s license and consistent availability of own vehicle;
- Demonstrated commitment to CCFC’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- CFRE designation;
- Knowledge of or work experience in the international development sector.
Attitudes, Behaviours, Traits:
- Accountability for results;
- Demonstrated flexibility to multi-task in an environment with changing demands and multiple priorities;
- Self-starter; tenacious in meeting targets and deadlines;
- Exhibit a high level of maturity and aptitude for working in a fast paced environment;
- Creativity and innovation to identify and develop new opportunities;
- Proven team player; ability to collaborate with and engage all internal/external stakeholders;
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
CCFC offers competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, EAP and company-match RRSP.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart, combined with the skills and interest for the Associate Director, Major Gifts position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by going to CCFC's Careers website: www.ccfcanada.ca/about-us/careers
Scroll down to the section: “View career opportunities available at CCFC”.
Search under Job Title for " Associate Director, Major Gifts ". Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting, you will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and submit your résumé and covering letter.
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CCFC is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Applicants must be legally eligible (at this time) to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
CCFC is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
CCFC is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.