Posted On: 2019-06-06
Closing On: 2019-06-27
Effective: July 2019
Employment Type: Contract
9 Month Contract Position
Geneva Centre for Autism is an international leader in the development and delivery of clinical intervention services and training. We offer a wide range of clinical services which are determined individually for each person with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). All of our clinical services are supported by a multi-disciplinary team of trained, experienced and empathic professionals including speech-language pathologists, behaviour analysts, therapists, early childhood educators, occupational therapists, developmental paediatricians, psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers. In addition, our staffing team is supported by a Professional Advisory Council which is composed of world-renowned clinicians, blending their expertise with ours. Consequently, Geneva Centre for Autism is able to provide the highest quality of clinical service to our clients.
Reporting to the Foundation Lead & Events Manager, the Development Assistant is responsible for proactive administrative support to the Geneva Centre for Autism Foundation.
- Overall administrative support to the Foundation
- Process gifts, tax receipts and update donor information as required
- Maintain and update donor database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Generate financial and donor reports as needed
- Drafts a range of donor correspondence along with social media and website content
- Assist with direct mail campaigns and Annual Report preparation
- Support Events Manager with signature and third party events
- Liaise with the Accounting Department as needed (event reconciliation, invoice payments etc.)
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- University degree or college diploma in fundraising or a related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative role in a fundraising organization or program
- 1 year previous experience in gift processing and database management (preferably Raiser’s Edge).
- Demonstrated knowledge of donation receipting processing and CRA regulations.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage competing demands
- Exceptional customer service skills with a courteous and pleasant phone manner
- Familiarity with fundraising best practices and event planning
- Prepared to work varied hours when required
- Current driver’s license with access to a vehicle is an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume with salary expectations to:
Please quote Job #13.19
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.