Posted On: 2019-07-30
Closing On: 2020-04-04
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bilingual, co-educational, and non-denominational, TFS – Canada’s International School serves over 1,400 students from age two to university entrance. Fostering each individual’s potential along with an appreciation for one’s responsibility as a citizen, TFS nurtures young people to be whole and healthy, sound in judgment, eager to learn, and concerned with the betterment of humankind.
For more information about TFS, please go to our website: www.tfs.ca
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, English, Journalism or related field
- Proven track record over 5 or more years in creating a variety of compelling donor communications and adept at connecting with an audience at an emotional, yet highly sophisticated, level that aligns with the case for support and the institutional voice and brand
- A high degree of comfort and experience in adapting writing style to fit the author, audience, and voice of the piece, with a passion for effective story-telling
- Ability to synthesize concepts and ideas into clear, concise and compelling written and designed documents.
- Experience writing professionally in French (European) would be a definite asset
- Prior experience in an academic environment would be an asset
- Exceptional grammatical skills, with a comfort in providing editing support for leaders in the Foundation
- An eye for detail, extremely organized and the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines with high standards of quality and accuracy
- A flexible self-starter, receptive to challenges, who maintains a positive, professional and collaborative attitude
- Creative problem-solver who will bring a fresh perspective to the team
- Tact and diplomacy skills in addition to awareness and ability to work within an environment that requires confidentiality
- Effectively manages time and thoughtfully thinks through how to bring a project to fruition. Ability to work effectively under pressure of high volume and multiple deadlines.
- Enjoys building relationships of trust across a diverse organization
- Proficient in word processing and internet search. Experience working with web-authoring technology and desktop and web publishing tools are an asset.
- A professional who believes in the mission of the school
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a résumé here as soon as possible. As we do not accept direct applications, please use the candidate portal through the link provided.