Posted On: 2019-08-16
Closing On: 2020-04-04
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Institution: University of Victoria, Gustavson School of Business
The Peter B. Gustavson School of Business (“Gustavson”) is an internationally recognized business school located in Victoria, BC, on Canada's beautiful west coast. Accredited by AACSB and EQUIS, Gustavson serves about 1,300 students with 120 faculty and staff and offers a range of innovative business programs including Bachelor of Commerce (B.com), Master of Global Business, Master of Business Administration, PhD and executive programs.
To learn more, please visit Gustavson’s website.
The Opportunity: Executive Director, Gustavson External Relations
Gustavson’s External Relations team is responsible for all external facing functions within the school, including fundraising, donor and alumni relations, community engagement, communications and marketing. The unit is actively engaged in setting and implementing the strategic direction of Gustavson in a way that is not found elsewhere in the University.
Reporting to the Dean, the Executive Director, Gustavson External Relations (“ED”) is a key and visible resource and important member of the Faculty senior leadership team, working internally with all faculty, administrative colleagues, the senior leadership in the UVic External Relations Division, and externally with the business community, donors, alumni and mentors. The ED, External Relations is responsible for the stewardship and growth of funding sources including endowments, scholarships and bursaries, and other gifts.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; A Master’s degree is preferred, as well as at least 15 years' progressively responsible leadership experience in development, external relations and alumni relations, or related field, as well as knowledge of the non-profit landscape in Canada/BC/Victoria;
- Has substantial exposure to the non-profit sector, while working within a large, complex organization;
- Experience in an academic environment will be considered an asset;
- Possesses superior leadership, people management, and coaching/mentoring skills; has the ability to provide work direction and expectations, performance feedback and recognition, and assist staff with acquiring appropriate professional development.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and in writing) to meet and negotiate project goals and objectives with clients and support the authoring of business proposals, documents, and technical specifications; solid presentation skills to support the creation of internal/external product presentations and proposals;
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: NICK LAY or DAVE NAMKUNG
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422