Posted On: 2019-10-25
Closing On: 2019-11-14
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract
Senior Manager of Corporate Partnerships (1 year contract)
The Senior Manager of Corporate Partnerships will serve as an integral member of the development team, demonstrating a proven record of success with a key understanding of corporate relationships. Reporting to the Vice President, the Senior Manager of Corporate Partnership has an accomplished track record in corporate fundraising, is an effective spokesperson with high business acumen and maturity. The Senior Manager of Corporate Partnership possesses a deep passion for Toronto and helping the arts community to build a sustainable future.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Revenue generation from corporate sponsors is key in this role.
- Lead the prospect identification process, and manage across the stages of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Develop and implement a best-in-class donor stewardship strategy and processes to ensure high level of stewardship for corporations and foundations.
- Provide fundraising through leadership, advice and guidance as needed to address key national and regional issues.
- Work with the Vice President of Development to develop and implement both a long-term annual fundraising and corporate sponsorship plan.
- Act as the day-to-day contact for TO Live’s corporate partners.
- Develop strategies to expand TO Live’s family of corporate partners.
- Work across the organization to identify, conceptualize, develop and leverage the TO Live’s offerings and assets. This includes overall sponsorship and recognition architecture including media and other in-kind partners to the organization.
- Prepare stewardship packages and proposals with a thorough knowledge of TO Live’s ability to deliver client benefits.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Passion for philanthropy and for work supporting sustainable live arts & cultural organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead strategy and establish the required frameworks to expand and accelerate revenue capabilities.
- Verifiable success prospecting, nurturing and cultivating corporations and major donor relationships, including individuals, corporations and foundations as required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop funding relationships, and clear evidence of ability to close gifts at the 6 and 7-figure level.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate to a diverse constituency.
- Results-oriented and solutions focused, a driven attitude and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising and problem solving.
- Remain current in areas of responsibility through education courses, professional publications, a professional network, and professional societies.
- Maintain regular communication with other departments within TO Live in order to execute partner requirements and activations in a smooth manner that benefits both TO Live and its partners.
- Manage expense and activation budgets for TO Live partners.
- Undertake special projects as assigned and perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Development; and/or designate.
- Bachelor’s degree required with at least 5 years’ experience preferably working in the field of sponsorships or the arts.
- Experience working in a live event venue is an asset.
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit environment.
- Skills include interpersonal, team building, negotiating, sales and collaboration.
- Ability to seek out and implement innovative fundraising and sales strategies.
- Have knowledge of state-of-the-art fundraising practices.
- Ability to work in fast paced multi-project environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint in a Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Flexibility in hours and schedules and include work on nights and weekends as required.
- Lack of natural light in workplace.
- Occasional objectionable odours in workplace.
- Travel between TO Live venues as required.
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall (formerly the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts), the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre (formerly the Toronto Centre for the Arts). In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Manager of Corporate Partnerships (1 year contract)” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO Live is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
TO Live is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Date Posted: October 24, 2019
Application Deadline: November 14, 2019
Start Date: ASAP