Posted On: 2019-10-28
Closing On: 2019-11-28
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health System. Sinai Health System is Canada’s leading integrated health system and comprises Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Health Complex. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles.
We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
THE EVENTS PORTFOLIO
The events portfolio at Sinai Health Foundation is dynamic and diverse, facilitating consistent, measurable progress toward supporting the following priorities of the strategic plan:
- Branding: To provide a channel to enhance the reputation and profile of Sinai Health in the community by clearly articulating an inspiring narrative
- Stewardship and Donor Relations: To provide the very best donor and volunteer experience, including event chairs, event committees, sponsors, donors and attendees; and to create unique, experiential stewardship events for our supporters
- Fundraising: To achieve year-to-year 20% portfolio revenue growth
Reporting to the Manager, Signature Events, the Development Officer, Signature Events will plan, support, execute and follow up on all the logistics requirements of the events in their portfolio, in addition to supporting fundraising efforts for the events in their portfolio.
The Officer will ensure that all events align with Sinai Health Foundation’s strategic plan, that Foundation’s policies and processes are followed, and that all event logistical needs are on track by continuously evaluating and assessing their events.
The Officer will work collaboratively with a team of Officers and related departments to enhance the event and maximize outcome, and represent Sinai Health Foundation at committee meetings to provide guidance and event experience as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
A highly engaging events professional with a solid track record of executing a range of exceptional quality events. The Development Officer, Signature Events has excellent interpersonal skills and is a detailed oriented individual with superior organizational skills.
The Development Officer, Signature Events has a high degree of thoughtfulness required to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in a high pressure, high volume, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. The Officer will work collaboratively with cross functional teams and is responsible for managing costs, handling complex situations and following Sinai Health Foundation’s policies and processes with event leadership.
This is a results driven individual who expects all the events in their portfolio to meet Sinai Health Foundation’s strategic priorities.
The Development Officer, Signature Events believes in and practices our values: Collaboration, Flexibility, Fun, Respect and Trust.
- Manage all event logistics for their events as outlined in critical path, including on-going progress reports to their portfolio Manager Work collaboratively with Development Officer, Event Marketing & Stewardship and Development Officer, Event Operations through critical path to ensure a seamless process
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, sponsors, donors and other affiliated groups and individuals as needed
- Provide outstanding service to all stakeholders and ensure timely pre- and post-event follow up
- Ensure the highest standard of experience for event attendees
- Escalate sensitive and or challenging situations to Manager
- Working closely with key stakeholders, ensure that sponsorship deliverables are met across the signature events portfolio
- Support fundraising efforts for the event in their portfolio
- Evening and weekend work as required
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
- A minimum of 3 years of recent related experience preferably within a large dynamic non-for-profit environment
- A successful completion of a College Diploma in event management, fundraising, or a related field from an accredited educational institution. Proven equivalent and recent related education, training and experience may be considered
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to handle matters of a sensitive and confidential nature with extraordinary problem solving skills, innovative, creative thinking person with demonstrated financial acumen
- Proactive with a bias for action; solutions oriented; the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work while handling multiple tasks and interruptions
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team an independently with minimal supervision.
Interested applicants please apply online.