Cystic Fibrosis Canada (CF Canada) is a national charitable not-for-profit corporation established in 1960, and is one of the world’s top three charitable organizations committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF).
Our vision is a world without cystic fibrosis. We help all people living with cystic fibrosis by raising funds to support world-class research without regard to the researcher’s locale. We support high quality individualized CF care in all areas of Canada and we promote public awareness of CF while advocating for access to drugs for all those who need them. CF Canada has invested more than $244 million in leading research, innovation and care. As a result, Canadians with cystic fibrosis have one of the highest median survival rates in the world. CF Canada dedicates its efforts in four key areas: Healthcare, Research, Advocacy, and the Canadian CF Registry.
For additional information on Cystic Fibrosis Canada and our work to improve the lives of Canadians living with cystic fibrosis, and ultimately to find a cure for this devastating disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.
The Director, Development Services will direct and manage the electronic and hard copy information support systems and services necessary for the successful fundraising, marketing and stewardship programs of Cystic Fibrosis Canada. You will also be responsible for the development and implementation of all aspects of support systems, reporting and development business practices. This position will report to the Chief Development Officer.
The Director, Development Services is accountable for understanding and meeting the information needs of the fund development and marketing teams, senior administration and key volunteers through the maintenance and manipulation of a highly effective, well-integrated database as well as the development and implementation of reporting output from the same. The Director is also responsible for participating in a variety of broader fund development initiatives including market research, records management (electronic and hard copy), stewardship, and volunteer support/management. This support will be accomplished by setting best practice standards; establishing accountability mechanisms; reporting and forecasting; establishing performance metrics and measures on all aspects of donations, records, and systems; establishing new efficiencies; and providing a high level of service and value to Cystic Fibrosis Canada staff and volunteers.
The Director, Development Services will also manage the team tasked with all functions relating to revenue processing ensuring that best practices are in place and that Cystic Fibrosis Canada provides excellent donor services.
This position is based out of the Toronto National office located at 2323 Yonge Street, just north of Eglinton Street, directly on the Yonge Street subway line.
Planning, Implementation, and Process
- Establish frameworks for providing ongoing training, support and policies/procedures connected with the solutions;
- Support the design and implementation of a digital technology strategy with a focus on increasing levels of excellence and customer service;
- Ensure interoperability of systems;
- Ensure infrastructure is adequate to meet demand;
- Provide consultation on the purchases of external digital technology work from separate vendors;
- Develop innovative technology solutions to drive revenue growth;
- Work with a wide range of vendors, provide clear objectives and ensure successful delivery of all services/projects; and
- Document all systems and processes associated with digital technologies with focus on security, privacy of information, data flows, user experience and ensuring maximum uptime.
Operations, Business Planning and Budget Management
- Complete a detailed monthly review of department spending against budget and ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting of expenses and analyze and resolve variances;
- Familiarize and comply with all Cystic Fibrosis Canada Financial, Accounting, IT, Contract and Purchasing Policies and Procedures;
- Negotiate supplier contracts where needed;
- Ensure supplier relationships are properly established, clearly documented and managed in accordance with Contract and Purchasing Policies;
- Ensure alignment on key implementation strategies;
- Ensure proper sourcing of suppliers is done that delivers value at the right timeline and quality to the organization; and
- Monitor supplier spend against project budgets and alleviate issues that would create cost overruns.
Human Resource Management
- Lead the development of an effective and high performing team, ensuring high standards of delivery, competence and organization values are maintained and that individuals are well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills and achieving their career potential;
- Provide clear direction on business goals and priorities; ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals;
- Establish individual performance plans and objectives; provide coaching and feedback to direct reports;
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports on a regular basis to ensure goals are on track; and
- Recruit skilled talent in support of current and future following policies and assessments guidelines.
- University degree or college degree, preferably relating to Information Management or Systems Analysis;
- Proven experience in managing and maintaining Raiser’s Edge or a similar relational database;
- 5-7 years experience working in the not for profit/charitable sector, specifically in the area of development and/or major gift fundraising with a proven track record of success;
- Strong understand of fundraising work flows;
- Experience managing a team;
- Excellent IT skills and high comfort level in all aspects of database management and project development;
- Advanced knowledge of fundraising CRMs in a complex fundraising organization – specifically with Blackbaud Products (Raisers Edge, Financial Edge, LCRM/Luminate, Convio, Net Community, TeamRaiser), as well as experience with SalesForce Non Profit platforms;
- Experience with third party fundraising platforms – specifically Artez;
- Extremely strict attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills as well as strong service orientation skills;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Collaborative and effective team player;
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement, take initiative and work with tight deadlines in a results oriented environment;
- Resourceful and tenacious with a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy and tact;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Experience and ability to work with senior level executives with demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal and external key stakeholders, including volunteers;
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, and creativity; and
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Director, Development Services” in your subject line, and include your salary expectations.
While, we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
For additional information on our values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring & Teamwork), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.