Posted On: 2019-11-04
Closing On: 2019-11-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: January 6, 2020
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, Alumni Affairs & Advancement, the Alumni Affairs & Advancement Coordinator will act as the important first point of contact for alumni and other guests to the department. They will provide administrative support for program activities and for the department overall, including: tracking and reporting alumni and donors participating in a range of activities; conceptualizing, organizing, and executing event activities as per the department’s business plan; and maintaining primary responsibility for updating records and other related data in the database.
In addition, the Alumni Affairs & Advancement Coordinator will provide administrative support to the department including: record keeping; managing the day-to-day aspects of the departmental budget; providing executive support to the department’s executive director and director; minute taking; making updates to the University’s website using its CMS tool and iModules; processing financial transactions, donations, and tax receipts, as required; preparing financial and other reports as required; and other duties as assigned.
Education: Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years related administrative experience in a university or non-profit environment is strongly preferred. Experience fostering relationships with a variety of stakeholders. Experience with coordinating events as well as the development, tracking and reporting on relevant metrics. Experience working with volunteers is an asset.
Other: Excellent oral and written communications skills, problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Good technical skills, preferably with a working knowledge of various software products including Microsoft office, iModules, Blackbaud CRM. Good organizational ability and basic bookkeeping skills. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Knowledge of Victoria University and the University of Toronto is preferred. A service orientation with sensitivity to levels of expectation from colleagues and external sources is expected. An eagerness to engage in professional development aimed at increasing technical and software skills are other requirements of the position.
45% Data Entry and Management
- Inputting confidential data on alumni prospects and donors
- Inputting information on events, activities, and plans.
- Tracking alumni engagement, donor cultivation and other events, and creating relevant reports.
- Updating donor and alumni records (milestones, obits), etc.
- Generating financial reports, and creating and updating mailing and invitation lists.
- Verifying that donor and alumni data is entered correctly in the database.
- Acting as the central contact for all day-to-day aspects of the department, including but not limited to:
- customer service; maintaining departmental accounts payable; ordering and maintaining office supplies; directing deposit of credit card payments; preparing letters, event mailings, meeting notifications and committee mailings; and distributing office mail as received.
- Providing support for the Executive Director and Director of Philanthropy including entry of confidential solicitation and cultivation activities in the Arbor database, assistance with the maintenance of outlook calendars; preparation of correspondence and other duties, as required.
- Ensuring the production and preparation of financial reports and alumni lists and reports, including but not limited to:
- compiling class notes and Milestones submissions for Vic Report, Emmanuel College newsletter, and other university publications; typing/photocopying, preparing minutes/lists, newsletters, prospect clearance forms; updating website using CMS tool including managing and editing the department’s information and university news and events section.
- Working with the development staff in determining and executing the logistical details required for donor mailings and campaigns.
- Maintaining a record of inventory.
- Ensuring office equipment is in working order and coordinating any required equipment maintenance.
- Maintaining the departmental filing system.
- Obtaining quotations and purchase orders for office equipment and supplies.
15% Alumni and Donor Cultivation Events
- Working with the Alumni Affairs Officer and Mentorship Coordinator & Alumni Liaison in delivering superior events for alumni. Assists in ensuring a seamless execution of events, including setup and tear down.
- Working with the Director of Philanthropy, in organizing donor cultivation events as well as ensuring a seamless execution of these events, including setup and tear down.
- Supporting the Alumni Affairs & Advancement Office and Advancement team in the creation of event invitation lists.
- Creating registration forms (iModules).
- Tracking event RSVP’s.
- Creating attendance lists, nametags and other relevant registration materials.
- Ensuring that all event billing and invoices are submitted to Finance and Payroll Services in a timely manner.
Please fax, mail or email applications (cover letter and resume referencing AAA Coordinator position) to:
73 Queen’s Park Crescent
Toronto ON M5S 1K7
Fax: (416) 585-4556 email@example.com