We are seeking a Manager, Leadership Giving to contribute to significant growth in our Leadership Gifts (major gifts) portfolio and assume a lead role in the implementation of capital campaigns for Trillium Health Partners Foundation. Reporting to, and in concert with, the Associate Vice President, Leadership Giving, the Manager, Leadership Giving will play an integral role in the achievement of the Foundation’s campaign goals, by cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of major gift prospects.
The Manager will be part of a high performing and successful nine member Leadership Giving team that works collaboratively with colleagues and hospital partners to inspire investment in a new kind of healthcare for a healthier community. As well, the Manager will have responsibility for supervising, coaching and mentoring a Senior Development Officer.
ABOUT TRILLIUM HEALTH PARTNERS
With more than 1.5 million patient visits annually, Trillium Health Partners is the largest community-based, academically affiliated hospital in Ontario and serves residents of the communities of Mississauga, Peel region, and west Toronto. The hospital encompasses three main sites, Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre, offering a full range of acute care hospital services, as well as a variety of community-based, specialized programs to meet the clinical needs of a richly diverse population.
In 2013, our team of 11,545 dedicated medical professionals provided care for over 61,000 inpatient admissions, 675,700 ambulatory outpatient visits, over 260,400 emergency room visits and almost 9,000 births.
We are also a research and teaching hospital, affiliated with the University of Toronto Mississauga and the Mississauga Academy of Medicine. Through our affiliation with the University of Toronto, we are committed to building a Research & Innovation program that can work on solving the larger issues that burden our health care system.
Our mission is to inspire and partner with our community to invest in how health care is delivered in our region. It is a mission deeply rooted in Trillium Health Partners’ strategic plan which is focused on creating a new kind of health care for a healthier community – built on the tenets of highest quality of care and an exceptional patient experience; the right care in the right place at the right time; and research, innovation and education.
ABOUT TRILLIUM HEALTH PARTERS FOUNDATION
Through the generous support of our donors and our volunteers, Trillium Health Partners Foundation raises the critical funds needed to address the highest priority needs of Trillium Health Partners, specifically in the areas of building and revitalizing patient spaces; equipment and technology; and research, education, and innovation.
Our Foundation was formed through the voluntary amalgamation of two exceptional foundations: the Credit Valley Hospital Foundation and Trillium Health Centre Foundation. Today, the Trillium Health Partners Foundation consists of 33 professionals and support staff across a variety of departments, including leadership giving, corporate services; strategy and key initiatives; community initiatives and marketing and communications.
Raising more than $30 million a year, Trillium Health Partners Foundation is now strategically poised to drive further success as one of the highest performing hospital foundations in the country, in the service of enabling our hospital group to continue to redefine healthcare as a provincial and national leader. We are now in the planning stages of a large scale comprehensive campaign that will generate funds for all 13 clinical areas in support of the hospital’s strategic plan.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
With a high level of energy, enthusiasm and the eagerness to contribute to what we want to build, the Manager, Leadership Giving will be self-motivated and driven to succeed with an “even better if” attitude. Passionately excited by our mission to inspire investment in a new kind of healthcare for a healthier community, the successful candidate will possess a deep commitment to build donor centric relationships with sensitivity and professionalism.
The Manager will focus on long term and sustainable revenue generation where call activity is a key driver. The ideal candidate will be an experienced fundraising professional with proven success in closing major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations at six figure gift levels. The new incumbent will also encourage philanthropic commitment from our physicians by engaging and building relationships of trust and accountability.
Supportive and respectful, the successful candidate will be a solutions-oriented team player collaboratively working toward a common objective. With a one-team mentality, the Manager will value learning from others and sharing knowledge with colleagues to assure the success of our team and the growth of our organization.
Adaptable to change and thriving in a fast-paced environment, the new incumbent will be excited by the opportunity to contribute to an evolving organization and the chance to “lean in” with creativity, innovation, inspiration and entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will embrace and embody our culture and values as represented in THPF’s, our “I Care…” philosophy of Inspiration, Courage, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- In association with the AVP, Leadership Giving, provide leadership to the development of systems to identify, research, cultivate, and solicit qualified prospects for major gifts.
- In conjunction with the AVP, Leadership Giving, develop and monitor revenue and expense projections for the Leadership Gifts program.
- Personally develop and manage a portfolio of at least 125 potential major gift donors ($100,000 +) in various stages of prospecting, cultivation, solicitation & stewardship.
- Design and implement appropriate major gift solicitation strategies.
- Prepare related briefing and debriefing notes, individualized solicitation proposals, presentations and other correspondence.
- Ensure major gift pledges, renewals and other gift transactions are processed effectively and efficiently by staff.
- In association with the AVP, Leadership Giving, provide leadership and accountability for the development, planning, analysis and execution of the Leadership Gifts portfolio and play a lead role in the execution of the THP Physician Engagement strategy and solicitation.
- Serve as one of our team’s practice leaders in the field of Leadership Gifts, by embodying best practices and monitoring external trends to ensure that the Foundation benefits from current knowledge, resources, and tools and functionality in support of the mission.
- Inspire the Leadership Giving team to higher levels of performance and career fulfillment by building a culture of empowerment and accountability. Actively coach and mentor the Senior Development Officer and provide the support mechanisms for enhanced performance based on THPF’s core competencies and through our management system.
- Work collaboratively with other Foundation departments and model behaviour that encourages a mutually supportive team environment.
- In the spirit of the work that we do as a Foundation, engage as a volunteer supporting events and other activities conducted by the Foundation as appropriate.
- Lead by example to build excitement and accountability with teams members to emulate similar behaviour.
- Act as a champion and role model in support of the Foundation’s mission. Reinforce a professional and customer service oriented culture that supports community engagement and provides the team with a work environment that is challenging and rewarding.
- Strategically involve members of the Senior Leadership Team, Chiefs, physicians, Leadership Gifts Committee and the Board of Directors in major gift relationship development and stewardship activities.
- Ensure effective management of key major gift prospects, utilizing the Raiser’s Edge Prospect Management Module, and ensure its use in solicitation of gifts to closure.
- Maintain accurate records; capture all relevant donor related activities in Raiser’s Edge in accordance with management policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate proficiency for computer and internet technology including Microsoft Office, and Raiser’s Edge (Prospect Management Module) Fundraising Software.
Compliance to Standards:
- With the Vice President of Corporate Services, ensure that Trillium Health Partners Foundation meets or exceeds all legal, financial, professional and internally established requirements including provincial and federal regulatory agencies. Abide by the ethical standards established by membership in national and international fundraising associations.
- Relevant fundraising experience at the five and six figure gift levels.
- Previous experience in healthcare philanthropy, or related areas would be an asset, as would previous management or team-lead experience.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve ambitious fundraising goals.
- Previous successful campaign experience would be an asset.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of individual donors, corporations and other funding agencies in order to develop mutually beneficial relationships with the Hospital and Foundation.
- Interest in all aspects of health and a dedication to promoting Trillium Health Partners’ fundraising priorities by helping to create excellent working relationships with medical staff, senior administrative leaders, volunteers and other Foundation staff.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within a senior management team to successfully multi-task and manage complex and diverse projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with donors, volunteers, and the THP team.
- Personal presentation and approach to ensure the highest level of professional representation of the Foundation at all times.
- Facility with donor management systems, in particular Raiser’s Edge.
- University or other post-secondary education is preferred.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required.
- This position requires travel and a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To learn more about this major gifts opportunity at Trillium, please contact Sylvia Kadlick, Senior Search Consultant at KCI (Ketchum Canada Inc.), via telephone at (416) 340-9710 ext. 250 or via email at THPF@kciphilanthropy.com.
Candidates are asked to forward both resume and letter of interest to the above email address. All enquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Please note the deadline for submission is October 16, 2014.