Posted On: 2019-11-06
Closing On: 2019-11-15
Location: Oshawa, ON
Employment Type: Contract
COMPETITION NO. SS19-84
NEW POSITION () FULL TIME (X)
REPLACEMENT () PART TIME ()
TEMPORARY (X) November 2019 to November 2022
INITIATIVES/OPPORTUNITIES POSITION (X) – see page 98 of the Support Staff Collective Agreement
Salary: Starting Rate: $31.37; Four Year Rate: $36.42
Department: Alumni and Development Office
Hours: 35 hours per week (1) one hour lunch; Mon – Fri (8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Reporting To: Associate Vice-President, Development and Alumni Affairs
Campus Location: Oshawa
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Development and Alumni Affairs and working closely with the Senior Development Officer, the Campaign Co-ordinator will coordinate capital-campaign related activities including prospect research, identification and database management. The incumbent will utilize the prospect management system, Raiser’s Edge, to ensure prospects and donors at all levels of the donor cycle are managed appropriately. Activities will include ensuring appropriate data is available, captured, and used to develop reports, prospect profiles, briefing notes, and campaign invitation lists. The position will also oversee a portfolio of prospective donors in the $10,000-$25,000 range.
The Campaign Co-ordinator is responsible for co-ordinating all campaign-related meetings including scheduling, development of agenda, reports, prospect lists, and the customized slide presentations for donor meetings. In addition, the Campaign Co-ordinator will execute all campaign-related events.
This position will also draft campaign gift agreements, track donor naming opportunities, and generate pledge reminders and invoices as well as any other support required for campaign related activities.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the prospect management system including prospect research, identification, and qualification. This includes use of various research tools to identify “suspects” and expertise to qualify them as prospects. Will also include Data recording and analyzing all data such as campaign related activities and actions. Use information to develop reports and campaign VIP lists.
- Track activity and solicitation readiness for all campaign prospects, analyze information and provide timely reports to campaign team – both staff and volunteers.
- Oversee a portfolio of entry-level major gift prospects in the $10,000-$25,000 range. This includes cultivation, relationship-building activities and ultimately solicitation.
- Co-ordinate all campaign-related meetings including scheduling, agendas, reports, prospect lists and customized slide presentations for donor meetings.
- Draft campaign gift agreements, track donor naming opportunities, generate pledge reminders, invoices, and any other donor/prospect related activities.
- Support all campaign-related events – produce invitations lists and liaise with communications and marketing to ensure successful event execution.
- Develop campaign-prospecting processes to ensure best practices through the capital campaign and beyond.
- A minimum of a three-year diploma or degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or related discipline.
- A minimum of three years work experience in a capital campaign related environment.
- Must possess a high level of proficiency in Raisers’ Edge.
- The incumbent will have strong administrative, planning, presenting, writing and interpersonal skills.
- The incumbent will be a self-starter who is confident and comfortable working in a complex environment.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as with a team.
Durham College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Durham is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Telephone: 905.721.3073 Email: HumanResources@durhamcollege.ca
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Job Competition closes at 4:00 p.m. on November 15, 2019. Competition number SS19-84.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.