Posted On: 2019-11-13
Closing On: 2019-11-26
Location: Scarborough, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Faculty / Division: University of Toronto Scarborough
Department: UTSC: Development & Alumni Relations
The University of Toronto Scarborough is a place of energy, enthusiasm and passion. Our commitment to inclusive excellence attracts the brightest learners, scholars and employees from around the globe. Our success has been made possible by the opportunity given to us by our Indigenous hosts to operate on their territory, and we cherish our continuing partnerships with these communities. The University of Toronto Scarborough is an exciting campus with unlimited potential. Join us on our journey.
Leading the fundraising and alumni relations activities for University of Toronto Scarborough, the Development & Alumni Relations Office (DARO) supports the campus and over 50,000 alumni. At this time, UTSC is undertaking an ambitious strategic plan with an approach of inspiring inclusive excellence. As we prepare for our next big challenge, DARO seeks an experienced, detail-oriented individual who exemplifies a customer-oriented, hospitality-focused approach to stakeholders.
The Development Associate will work in the Development and Alumni Relations Office at the University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) and be responsible for the highly efficient coordination, administration and support of multiple areas of development – major gifts (individuals, corporations and foundations), annual giving, planned giving, and alumni relations. This position will also act as the first point of contact for the office.
The incumbent will provide coordinating support to the Executive Director, DARO and the Development team by undertaking a range of assigned duties and projects within a fast-paced, academic environment. The Development Associate is responsible for creating correspondence and information packages and mailings, database support, and fulfilling donor stewardship requirements. This position will support the Alumni and Development team providing event support, customized service to donors and prospects, with a high level of initiative, tact and diplomacy, quality control, attention to detail and confidentiality, dealing with divisional contacts throughout the University, UTSC faculty members and staff, the alumni constituency, donors and senior level volunteers and the community. The incumbent will be responsible for gathering content from academic units, and preparing Annual Activity Reports.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing needs and contributing to the development and implementation of plans for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition
- Drafting donor acknowledgment and recognition communications
- Conceptualizing, organizing and executing event activities
- Providing detailed information for the development of donor relations and stewardship programs
- Overseeing tasks related to the production and dissemination of communications/marketing materials
- Updating prospect databases and portfolios
- Coordinating meeting schedules, agendas, materials, action and follow-up items
- Acting as the first point of contact for general inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree and knowledge of development principles and practices, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three years of related and recent experience in providing fundraising support
- Experience working with Arbor or a similar database management system
- Experience in conducting basic development-related research
- Experience creating donor correspondence from non-template documents
- Demonstrated success in building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional inter-personal and communications (written and verbal) skills
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), email and Internet
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Evidence of leadership, initiative, and creativity
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to set priorities and targets and to meet deadlines in relation to frequently changing demands
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Applicants are also expected to show evidence of a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and the promotion of a respectful and collegial learning and working environment.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Possess a positive attitude
- Problem solver
- Team player
Notes: A copy of the full job description is available upon request from the UTSC HR Office.
Employee Group: United Steelworkers (USW)
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group and Hiring Rate: USW Pay Band 10 -- $61,846 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $79,088. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Field: Advancement & Alumni
Job Posting: Nov 12, 2019
Job Closing: Nov 28, 2019, 11:59:00 PM EST
Please apply online.