Manager, Development & Communications, Job ID #110
Full-time / Starting ASAP / Tycos
Reporting to the VP, Strategy & Stakeholder Engagement and as part of the JVS Toronto Management Team, the Manager, Development & Communications will be a communications specialist with proven fundraising experience in the non-profit sector. The incumbent will manage a small staff team, oversee the Agency’s fundraising plan and donor engagement strategy, and develop and implement approaches to effectively increase the profile of the Agency.
We’re looking for a proactive and self-motivated individual who will:
- Actively build and create engaging stakeholder experiences through, high-quality, meaningful communications and creative and consistent stewardship
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan that has targets for various fundraising channels; research, monitor, track and report regularly on progress
- Manage and grow donor relationships, including individuals and Foundations
- Manage grant writing process and calendar, including preparation of proposals and reports
- Oversee donor database to ensure accurate and comprehensive information and identify opportunities
- Create and shape a positive, meaningful and creative voice and image for JVS Toronto through various communication channels; monitor, track and report regularly on progress
- Create and manage a social media strategy, including planning, content creation, engagement and tracking of progress
- Manage JVS Toronto’s website, including content, design and tracking
- Manage email communications platforms, including calendar, list growth and maintenance, and content creation
- Coordinate with Management team to pursue opportunities and develop key materials that align with JVS Toronto’s strategic priorities
- Oversee external stakeholder and internal agency events
- Support engagement of Board of Directors and relevant Board Committees
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. International degrees must be evaluated for Canadian equivalency
- 5+ years of related experience; a proven track record in Fundraising is required
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of management experience
- Knowledge of fundraising concepts, methodologies, and tools; experience with donor databases, Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Understanding of grant, proposal, and report writing for foundations and major donors
- Understanding of communications principles, content management, digital communication and stakeholder relations
- Website management skills and strong knowledge and understanding of web architecture
- Effective interpersonal, motivational, presentation, networking, and verbal and written communication skills; ability to work collaboratively across a large organization
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of diversity and social inclusion
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills; ability to adapt to change, prioritize competing deadlines, and multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Advanced ability to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and activities within deadline/resource parameters
- Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Suite tools, G-Suite (Google products) and social media tools; ability to learn agency-used databases
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Post Graduate Certificate in Fundraising, Public Relations/Corporate Communications, or Non-profit Management
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
- Understanding of the needs and issues of the agency’s target population
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle as some travel will be required
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.