Posted On: 2019-12-17
Closing On: 2020-01-17
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Weizmann Canada is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in the Toronto office. You will be the glue that holds us all together. You will be responsible for enabling the effectiveness and efficiency of the office including providing stellar support for senior leadership as well as providing a full range of coordination, administrative and donor communication duties for the team. Success looks like a well-functioning team doing their best work.
You are someone who adapts well to change and can influence people. You are flexible and resourceful when things don’t go as planned. You are eager to enable others to do their best work. You are motivated by the bigger picture and are great at seeing the steps needed to constantly improve our effectiveness as a team.
You will support members of the team based both in Toronto and in our other offices across the country. Your role will require resourcefulness, problem solving, positive energy and a commitment to getting the job done well and on time.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Administrative Assistant serves as the first point of contact for all donors and volunteers, providing impeccable fundraising, clerical and administrative support. The Administrative Assistant also assists with the creation of various communication materials in support of our fundraising activities.
- Act as the first point of contact for all donors and volunteers by phone and email, providing assistance as needed, or forwarding requests to the appropriate team member
- Greet all visitors to the office in a welcoming and friendly manner
- Assist in the processing of donations, event registrations, writing thank you letters and the general maintenance of the Raiser’s Edge database
- Assist the Director of Communications with various communication pieces both print and digital
- Provide day-to-day administrative and clerical support to team members by proactively anticipating the needs of others to ensure a positive team and donor experience
- Proactively manage scheduling, meeting logistics, travel arrangements and other administrative duties required to support the team in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Prepare monthly expense reports
- Assist in distributing materials, including any newsletter or invitation mail-outs
- Maintain an awareness of all matters within the office ensuring it is equipped with all necessary office and hospitality supplies
- Provide support for events which may require occasional evening work
- Act as primary liaison with building and services management
- Understand and ensure technology is functioning for team video calls
- Seek to continuously improve the operation of the office by understanding and examining processes and workflow. Participate in quality improvement activities as directed by the Vice President.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in English, Communications, Journalism or Marketing
- Minimum 2 years of professional work experience. Fundraising experience considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative as required
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including Office 365 and Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times is essential
- Must be a team player – will roll up your sleeves and do what it takes for the organization to succeed
The candidate will be expected to be available for some evening meetings and events.
ABOUT THE WEIZMANN INSTITUTE:
The Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel, is one of the world's top-ranking multidisciplinary research institutions. The Institute recently ranked second worldwide in the normalized 2019 Nature Index. The normalized index looks at the ratio of publications in the best scientific journals measured against total output, Weizmann may be small, but its contribution is mighty.
Noted for its wide-ranging exploration of the natural and exact sciences, the Institute is home to over 3,000 scientists, students, technicians and supporting staff. Institute research efforts include the search for new ways of fighting disease and hunger, examining leading questions in mathematics and computer science, probing the physics of matter and the universe, creating novel materials and developing new strategies for protecting the environment.
Individuals, corporations and foundations around the world invest generously in the Weizmann Institute’s research, graduate education and scientific outreach programs, including many Canadians who share our belief in the power of research to create a brighter tomorrow.
Weizmann Canada is a national community with a core group of dedicated donors and volunteers, and 14 professional staff who share a common vision with the Institute of advancing science for the benefit of humanity.
Our mission is twofold:
- To raise awareness and support for the Weizmann Institute of Science in order to maintain its standards of excellence, and;
- To encourage science literacy across all age groups through events featuring guest scientists and through education programs.
Weizmann Canada offers a cause that has a world-wide impact on humanity; a great team and a collaborative work environment. We also offer a robust and competitive compensation package.
Candidates are asked to please submit both a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by Friday, January 17, 2020.