Posted On: 2019-12-17
Closing On: 2020-01-17
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: February 1, 2020
Employment Type: Full-Time
The New Israel Fund of Canada (NIFC) works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. For over 30 years, NIFC has supported a network of non-governmental organizations in Israel that protect and deepen democracy, defend civil and human rights, promote equality and shared society, foster tolerance and pluralism, and bridge social and economic gaps.
NIFC is looking to dramatically expand its fundraising scope and revenue across Canada. Working closely with the Executive Director, staff, and lay leaders, this full-time fundraising professional will take a leading role in implementing a comprehensive fundraising plan. This is an exciting opportunity to join an organization in a time of great opportunity and we are looking for a resourceful, dynamic, motivated, and independent person who is passionate about social change in Israel.
Location: Based in Toronto with 15% travel yearly to major cities across Canada and some Israel travel
Applications Open: December 13, 2019
Start Date: February 1, 2020
Nonprofit Classification Level: Level 3 to Level 4, depending on experience
Salary: $65,000 to $85,000, depending on experience
Contract term: Three years with the possibility of renewal
- Work as part of a team to develop and implement all aspects of an annual fundraising plan that includes individual gifts, major gifts, direct mail, e-appeals, recurring donors, planned giving, and special appeals.
- Monitor the overall progress of the fundraising operations.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of $1,000+ donors and prospects throughout all stages of the donor cycle, including necessary travel outside the Greater Toronto Area.
- Support the Executive Director in all aspects of the major gift and planned giving programs.
- Coordinate the solicitation responsibilities of Board members and other volunteer fundraisers.
- With the Executive Director, draft fundraising materials including seasonal appeals, funding proposals and reports, and donor correspondence.
- Lead the organizing of fundraising-related events, including parlour salons and donor receptions, and work as part of a team on other programs as needed.
- Work as part of a team to improve stewardship efforts for all types of donors, including the development of new materials.
- Work as part of a team to start and manage leadership groups, especially outside of the Greater Toronto Area.
- Work as part of a team to train volunteer leaders in fundraising skills and update them on the organization’s messages throughout the year.
- Recruit participants in study tours to Israel and arrange individual meetings for donors in Israel, participating in these trips when needed.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Represent the organization publicly at events and in the community at large.
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful experience in soliciting $5,000+ individual gifts or more years experience in a fundraising operation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent relationship-building and stakeholder relations skills.
- Proficiency with online research and prospecting tools.
- Familiarity with fundraising CRM, especially Raiser’s Edge.
- Familiarity with the Canadian Jewish community.
- Familiarity with social issues in Israel, as well as policy change and human rights.
- Permission to work in Canada.
Applications: Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Officer” in the subject line. Screening and in-person interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.