Posted On: 2019-12-18
Closing On: 2020-01-18
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $182 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation has embarked on a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a full-time Manager, Donor Relations & Stewardship.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Philanthropy, the Donor Relations & Stewardship Manager is a full-time position and is responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue and current and prospective donors. The Donor Relations & Stewardship Manager also oversees comprehensive administrative assistance to the campaign team, with a focus on office and fundraising support, effective database management and reporting, event logistics and donor stewardship efforts (acknowledgements, printed material inventory, preparation of materials for donor meetings).
The Donor Relations & Stewardship Manager will play a critical role in overseeing all aspects of the campaigns day-to-day operations, developing and managing a team of operational staff and their initiatives and activities in support of the Ultimate campaign.Reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy, the incumbent is responsible to supervise, support and mentor the operational team, including all related duties such as performance evaluation, recruitment and retention.
The Donor Relations & Stewardship Manager manages the donor relationship strategy to thoughtfully and proactively cultivate relationships with new donors and stewarding current donors in order to maximize donor retention, engagement and investment. The incumbent will also track metrics to assess the current engagement and activity of donors to determine which efforts have the greatest business impact. This is an incredible opportunity for a motivated fundraising professional to help define relationships with Mackenzie Health’s most committed supporters, and work with a talented and creative team to help donors fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to Mackenzie Health
- Manage the Operational staff within the Campaign team, in the execution of customized cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for the Foundation’s Campaign prospects and donors.
- Oversee comprehensive administrative deliverables and support to the campaign team, with a focus on fundraising support, effective database management and reporting, logistics and donor stewardship efforts (acknowledgements, printed material inventory, preparation of materials for donor meetings).
- Works with Vice President, Philanthropy to create innovative relationship building and engagement strategies to retain current and attract new donors.
- Manages the development and maintenance of prospect lists, tracking systems, metrics, pipeline, and donor recognition reports for all campaign activities.
- Collaborates with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Communications & Marketing team for the promotion and public announcement of significant gifts.
- Drives the organization and implementation of specific plans to engage in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of prospective donors, with an emphasis on acquisition of new donors to the capital campaign.
- University/college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in fundraising, the most recent in a managerial role, or relevant experience preferred.
- A proven track record of related experience in the context of a multi-year comprehensive campaign.
- Previous management experience providing administrative support, coaching and support to employees.
- Experience in fundraising campaign management and/or activity.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Strong prioritizing and organizing, project and time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- MS Office; Raiser’s Edge; database management is an asset; ability to learn new software quickly.
- Proven attendance record.
- Strong skills in financial management including budgeting, reporting and monitoring.
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours is required.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job, while meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation – Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.